xxvi

Wilburs eyes look up and he raises a brow. "What do you mean? I apologized and kissed you—"

"No, I mean tonight. Before all this, when you— when you did that," y/n elaborates further, afraid to say the word since she had no idea how Wilbur felt about the incident, nor did she know how she'd stomach remembering everything that went down.

The mans jaw tenses when he starts to understand, fists balling; but with one look to the woman in front of him, he lets out a breath of defeat. "He degraded you..."

y/n seems to get more confused with that explanation, not expecting such a short and, quite honestly, dumb response. "Degraded me? I didn't know him, his face from in the news wasn't anything I'd seen before. And besides, to kill someone over that is—"

"Pulled a knife on me too, muttering stuff about cutting my marking off... but I can't do that— I'd never do that."

y/n's shoulders droop, her body seeming to deflate. "Was it self defense?"

Now it's Wilburs turn to peak a brow. "Why would that matter? He picked a fight, I ended it. That's a victory."

y/n, for a split second, forgot her soulmate wasn't from this world. In fact, where he was from, if you had the smallest, most minor disagreement, you killed someone over it.

"Did he attack you first, I mean."

Wilbur shrugs, looking off to try and remember the scene. "Uh— Yeah! Yeah he punched me! He started the fight fair and square!"

A breath of relief escapes, and y/n is finally allowed to relax, letting her previous tenseness die off. "Thank God. And I'm sorry Wil, I got ahead of myself like I usually do. I should've known you'd have a reason to fight so recklessly. If you were defending yourself, then it's no problem."

"Well, I was defending your honor," Wilbur stated, reminding y/n of what he'd said earlier. "He has no right to call you a bitch, let alone a tramp."

It's then that she clicks it together in her mind, why he'd gotten as heated as he did. "You were protecting me, huh?"

The man nods, and y/n smiles a little. Half of it fear, and half of it pride, her emotions kind of confused at the sadistic form of love. "Don't do that again, okay? If someone is mean to me, leave it be unless I say so; you'll get us in trouble otherwise."

"I already told you I'm not just some dog—"

Wilbur is cut off when y/n plants a kiss to her soulmates lips, feeling how soft they were despite his disregard for their health.

"You're not a dog, I'm just trying to keep us safe. Now come on; we have to be at the station tomorrow morning for questioning."

Wilbur— off in a daze of his own —lets the woman drag him back to the front door where he'd came in from only a few moments prior.

"Thank you Lea! You always know how to help me!"

The woman sticks her head out to see the two already gone, and her eyes roll. "Those two will never be normal; I can feel it."

She laughs a little at herself before going back into the room so she can lay down and finally knock out for work the next morning.

☁︎︎

"Just one more time!"

Wil pleads, looking down at his girlfriend with puppy eyes.

"No."

"On the cheek?"

"Wil, don't push it. We just barely got over our fight; we're still not a thing."

"Friends kiss all the time! I made-out with Quackity once as practice for my high school crush!"

"Wilbur!"

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Just so all my OG readers know, this was written last night while I was on my god speed ;)

Any new readers who have no idea how fast I was updating, don't worry about it.

And just so everyone knows, _0ceanBreeze_ the literal REASON this book exists, made a playlist for it and I just angkwkfoowkdfnw <33