What is Life?

"What is The Cost of Lies?" - Valery Legasov

Naruto stood on his bed motionless, his forehead resting on his forearm, his eyes puffy and red, his eyes hurting from the tears, and yet Naruto felt nothing but his heartbeat. Nothing made any sound, and the silence had taken over the whole apartment; Naruto couldn't make himself utter a word.

There wasn't a mother, father, or sibling to talk to him and tell him that he wasn't alone. The only thing he could hear was his own heartbeat, hurting like a stab, hurting more than anything else before.

Kurama watched with sadness, he tried to talk with him, but Naruto did not once respond to him, almost like he couldn't hear him. He hoped for the best, and inside he cursed the damn Uchiha child for calling Naruto a 'Monster'.

The kid didn't know what a 'Monster' is; a 'Monster' are the likes of Juubi.

Kurama felt a shiver of fear on his body, just the thought of that monster.

Naruto kept his eyes on the floor; he kept asking himself the same question in his mind. 'What is Life?' 'Why do we exist?' 'Is there any point in all this?' Naruto didn't know the answer to any of these questions.

"Tou-chan, Kaa-chan, Why am I here? What can't I just be with you? I don't want to feel so Alone," Naruto murmured impassively, no tears rolling down his cheek.

"Naruto, you're Not Alone", Kurama spoke, trying to ease his pain.

Naruto was grateful for his friend, but he wanted someone; he wanted to see that look again, the look only his father could give him.

Naruto closed his eyes and felt everything change around him; opening his eyes again, his eyes saw the trees that had grown in his mindscape; he had hoped that Kurama would like it more with trees rather than just a sewer.

"Kurama," Naruto said, thinking his friend had brought him, but from behind a tree in front of him came out a man Naruto knew he had never seen before but he recognised him, but he was sure he had never seen him before.

The man had long dark hair, a long white kimono around his body, two fangs of hair in front of his ear, a blue paint just below his eyes, but his Mangekyo Sharingan was as clear as day.

"Indra", Naruto whispered; he didn't know how he knew he was Indra.

The man stood in front of Naruto with a friendly smile on his face, and a War Fan tightened behind his back.

"You're right young Uchiha; my name is Indra Otsutsuki", Indra introduced himself.

Naruto felt no malice coming from him and wondered how he was here.

"Why are you here? And how are you here?" Naruto asked calmly, his body still a bit tense from the new person, something that Indra noticed.

"When you became my reincarnation, a bit of my chakra was sealed inside you, as did Ashura's chakra; this allows me and my brother to talk with you whenever you might need our advice", Indra explained.

Naruto noticed there was no ill-feeling coming from him whenever he mentioned Ashura. Naruto had assumed that Indra hated him for taking his place as Heir.

"Now, I felt the feelings coming from you; the Uchiha brat insulted you. You asked yourself what the point of Life was," Indra said, kneeling in front of Naruto and pulling out his left hand, showing his moon symbol to Naruto.

"Life has no point until you give it one. My advice to you, Naruto is to find your point in Life, what you truly want, is it Revenge, is it nothing, or Is peace," Indra said.