𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

Later, they decided to go back to each other's house. Drew stood up from where he sat before Eva did. She was stretching her back and cracking her bone. Drew put his slipper on, he offered his hand for Eva to help her stand up.

She hesitantly grabs his hand and he pulls her up to him. Eva accidentally takes a step forward to him making them inches away from each other. She can smell his perfume. Damn, this man smells good. She thinks. Her hand is still in his.

Her heart was pounding nervously. She looked him in the eye, she can see that Drew took a glance at her rosy lip then back to her eyes. She looks at his and backs up to him.

Drew slowly leaned down to Eva, she tried to lean in back but then she pulled back. She let go of her hand out of his grip and stepped one backward.

She looked down to the floor because she's afraid that she might make him embarrassed when she backs off. "I'll send you to your home," Eva said, jiggling her key in her hand. "Right" Drew let out a nervous laugh.

I'm so sorry she repeated the sentences in her head feeling bad and also regretted why she didn't just kiss him. She walks towards her backpack and picks it up, puts on her shoes and they get in the elevator.

Eva kept her head straight to the elevator door for the whole time in the elevator. Drew on the other hand is always checking Eva from the corner of his eyes, feeling embarrassed about what happened on the rooftop.

Eva feels like she wants to kiss him but she can't. She still feels bad, mad and weird. She begins to yawn, her eyes fill up. Drew looked at her. "You know, um I can take the cab. You can go back to your condo" he let out.

Eva turned her gaze to him "are you sure?" she asked, "yeah, i'll be fine" he replied. She smiled at him then pushed on the button to her condo floor.

they're both standing a foot away from the elevator door. As soon as the elevator slid open Eva stepped out of there. She stopped her steps to walk forward and turn around to look at him then his lips.

Before the elevator door closes she steps one leg inside the elevator and leans towards Drew and kisses his cheeks. He froze surprisingly with butterflies started to fill up in his stomach.

Eva leans back and stands on her legs together looking down to the floor because she's smiling like an idiot already in front of Drew.

Drew is still surprised that makes him swallow his saliva, he also blink his eyes rapidly. She looked back at him, he was also looking down to the floor.

Drew looked up to her and they made eye contact then started to laugh. Eva scoffed to Drew "goodnight Dr.Carter" he wished her then pushed a button in the elevator.

He feels like he needs to go now because he knows he's gonna need to scream and jump happily without her knowing. "Goodnight Mr.Starkey" she responded with a wide grin on her face.

The next second the door closes in between them, Drew beamed into excitement now that he's alone. He takes out his phone from his pocket then takes a photo to look back to Eva's picture that he captured. He started to smile on his own. The next second his smile dropped

Wait his inner voice speak up

It's just a kiss on the cheeks, friend kiss he starts to overthink

"Did I just get friendzoned?" he spoke and the words echoed in the elevator. "Ah shit" he cursed, clapped his phone to his hand and grabbed them tightly.

"Maybe it's too early, yeah Drew what the fuck! You just know the girl for almost a week and already want a kiss on the lips" he talks shit about himself. "Ugh" he starts to feel disgusted about himself.

Eva on the other hand walking back to her condo smiling "cute" she whispered while reaching her key in her backpack. But there's something in her mind that distracts him from the butterflies in her stomach.

He seems like a relationship-stuff type of guy, he's a good guy. There's no way he's up for one-night-stand. Her thoughts talking when she unlocked the door open and swung it open to the dark turn off light in her living room.

"Ugh, it's not going to work out then" she groaned, kicking off her shoes and closing the door. She reached the wall and scraped her hand to find the switch and switched the lights on.

The room lit up and a crowd of twenty people or so weakly shouted "Happy birthday" some of them also blew the party horn. "Holy! ffff... Fuck" she take a deep breath in shock.

Even with their weak voice and a party horn Eva still managed to be surprised because Drew took over her head. "Wha- how'd you guys get in here?" She asks them to scan her living room.

There's Vero, her other resident friends and my attending teachers that are close with her. They are all laying and sitting down on the bed or floor. "Told you she's gonna be late" Vero stated groggily as she sip her wine from the wine bottle.

Wine bottles and glasses are everywhere, snacks and chips packet in the bowl. The cake was placed on the middle of the table melting. Eva takes out her phone from her pocket and looks at the date

11 September 2021

The fact that Drew took over her head completely that day till she forgot she's turning 27 now makes her feel like she needs to stop seeing him or he'll still be in her head and forget about everything.

Oh God this is bad her thoughts.