𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐

•••••••••••

The paramedic helped me and I looked at Rudy. He still looked scared, i mouthed to him it's gonna be okay and he nodded his head. A few more minutes from the hospital, Drew still had no pulse, so I checked his eyes again. It is constricted. Still continuing to perform CPR, the paramedic looked at me.

"he's gone" he said

"don't." i sound almost yelled look at him straight in the eyes

"his brain is still working, there must've been too much blood in his lungs that made them stop pumping. But he still can be save" i said looking towards Rudy.

He still hardly breathes, scared to death. I know what that feels like. I saw that the paramedic saw Rudy but he didn't do anything

"help him breathe Goddammit!" I yelled, making Rudy a bit shocked.

The paramedic helped him with an oxygen mask. I look over at Drew. It's been the fourth cpr I perform and still haven't responded.

"C'mon, pretty boy don't die, pretty boy don't die, pretty boy don't die" I repeated that sentence as I got flashbacks to what happened to my boyfriend.

we were having a little party, he got shot in his gut. And I just stood there, I didn't do anything about it. I was freaked out. I watch him die in the ambulance, I watch him exhale his last breath.

Arriving at the hospital I still performed CPR on Drew and they brought his stretcher trolley down from the ambulance. I'm not letting him go instead keep cpr. I recognize a few faces at the emergency room, the other residents and chief resident Dr.Lauzie. They look at me like I'm crazy sitting on the stretcher trolley with Drew performing cpr.

"Drew Starkey, 28, stabbed in his abdomen. He's losing a lot of blood, no pulse. Might be dead" the paramedic announcement to doctors that wait there.

"He's not dead!" i yelled in anger

Everyone around me was pretty shocked when I yelled. We brought Drew to trauma room 1. I ask Rudy to wait outside. Still performing CPR in my white tank top with blood stains, not in scrubs. The other helps with the heart rate monitor. It was a flat line, his bp was normal, temperature was high. He's not dead yet. Some other doctor also treated his wound and sewed it. They brought some bags of blood.

"get me defibrillator"

they brought it to me, i checked the heart rate.

"charge to 250"

no response

"charge 300"

"What is going on here?!" i heard my dad voice

but i don't care, i continue trying to help Drew breathe.

"C'mon man"

"charge 350 again"

"Dr. Carter!" i heard my dad call me

it didn't stop me, i put the defibrillator back and performed cpr again. I saw Rudy out there and saw his friends come along.

"Eva!" Dad called me by my name.

I turn my face to look at him. Still performing cpr, he tried to take me away from Drew. He captured me in his embrace

"Get out, your not his doctor" he grab me away from Drew

"Get off me!" i fighting him

"You're not in scrub, stop"