25

They had taken our vitals twice at night, and it had made sure I didnt have a good night sleep. On top of that I had another nightmare, so when I woke up sweating and panicking, it was well past 9 am. Minho was already awake.

"Morning." He said in his morning voice. It was clear that he was in a lot of pain.

"Morning." I answered, out of breath.

"Did you have a nightmare? Is that how you wake up from one?"

"These are the normal ones. I have them multiple times a week, usually, but once in a while I get a really bad one. It will probably happen more often for a few weeks, so I'm sorry you have to share the room with me."

"You can't help it. Don't even worry about it, I'll probably have some myself."

"Have you had breakfast yet?"

"No, I woke up like 20 minutes ago. You know, before you were dreaming, you looked really cute while sleeping."

Oh, butterflies and tingling sensations. I'm in love and I am blushing.

A giggle escaped his mouth before he winced in pain and quickly pressed the button to call the nurses.

"Even breathing hurts, I need something. And I'm hungry."

"I am gonna go take a nice pee. Its been like a whole day since I peed."

I groaned as I got up. It really did hurt a lot to move my upper body.

"Me too, but I don't think I can stand. My thigh muscles are damaged."

"Do you need my help?" I joked as I opened the door.

"You can't carry me." I heard before I entered.

The bathroom wasn't gross, as expected from a hospital, but it did smell weird. It felt nice to pee after such a long time. I ended up brushing my teeth and hair, and taking a look at my wound.

I came out when our breakfast was being brought, together with our ibuprofen.

Minho devoured his sandwich so quickly, I genuinely got scared.

"I have like, 12 stitches." I mentioned while picking the kiwi out of the fruit salad. Never liked it that much.

"Me too probably, on each wound."

"It's just so crazy that we had to be the ones to get stabbed."

"You had a choice, at least, I didn't."

"He wanted to kill my mom, Minho, he didn't want to kill me. If I didn't step in, what would have happened? She could have died."

"Even if your choice was an illusion, its better than being attacked. I broke my fathers nose and slammed his head against the ground, which is why I got stabbed in the leg and not my heart. I feel guilty about hurting him regardless of if I saved my life with it."

"You did that with an already fractured collarbone and stab wound?"

"Probably because of adrenalin. I barely noticed the pain until the police pulled him away from me and they put me on the stretcher. From then on the gates of hell had opened and I couldnt even scream from the pain anymore. I have a question though. You said he wanted to kill your mom, but not you. But then why did he abuse you for years?"

"I don't know. I jumped out of instinct but I saw the look on his face, he was shocked. I'm confused too. Did he just use us as a way to release his anger because he couldn't get to mom? We can't know."

"My father. He was shocked too. Is it because he expected my mom to be there maybe? Or because I've grown older? I didn't even know if he even hated me when he abused me. He has ASPD, Sora, he is a sociopath and I dont even know what emotions he is capable of feeling. I'm confused, so confused. There are so many questions."