19

"No, you really have to go like 1, and 2 3 4, get it? With the arms this way?"

His arms moved at an angle I had never seen before, combined with some kind of feet shuffle, making it impossible to not accidentally kill yourself while attempting the move.

But I nodded and attempted it again. For the 16000th time. We all start somewhere, I guess?

"Yes, Sora, good job! That was great! Now can you connect it with the last move?"

"Wait I did it?"

He smiled excitedly from ear to ear, "Yes!".

I could barely contain my excitement but immediately realised how many other people there were and just tried what he told me to do.

That didn't quite work out though.

"You did well, Sora, but let's keep the rest for another time. It's getting late, and the studio is gonna close in a while."

I was red and panting, secretly a little happy it ended. Secretly, because I knew how happy he was to share something like this with me. Secretly, because I was the one who suggested this in the first place.

Happiness lasting for a short time anyway because I remembered that the deal was mutual, and I'd be teaching him to waltz.

I even told him about the way I used to do it every now and then, outside.

With her, that girl.

Actual practicing was reserved for the practice rooms, but outside of that me and her just wanted to have fun. We would always stomp on eachothers toes and blame it on the fact that the sun was shining in our eyes.

We used to dance all the time, but the second last time we danced was when I ended up crying because I told her how my biological father had been treating my sister and I.

I still am not sure why I told her and not mom or dad, I assume I thought she wouldn't care that much and not tell mom.

The last time we danced was a week later, when she moved away across the country. We grew apart, in the end.

The dancing used to make me happy and that's why initally, I was happy to share it with Minho, but I really didn't think it through. To share such a vulnerable moment with someone is hard for me. Minho is the right person for it, obviously, but at the same time..

It was all fun and games to dance with my best friend, but with the guy I'm in love with?

He is my best friend too, but my heart goes crazy when he is near me, so now I decided it is a good idea to go waltz with him?

With his hands on my waist and my hands on his shoulder?

"So, where are we going?" His voice sounded through the room, where the last dancers were slowly leaving.

"You know the field at the end of the street with a dead end? That's where were going. I used to live on a street with a dead end. Well, there was no field but there was a park so I think that's perfect."

"Great!" He smiled again.

He really has no idea, no idea of what that smile makes me feel. It's happiness and joy and, and, longing.

Him, everything about him makes me long for his hands in mine, his lips on mine, his body hugging mine. I want him to be mine.

The worst part is that I can't figure out if he likes me back or if he's just being a good friend.

But oh, it's just, when he hugs me his hands are so soft, so tender on my back and I would do about anything to feel that again. And at the same time I think I'd die if I did.