23

The rest of the day would have been boring if it was a normal day. We didn't do anything, and all of us were tense and worried. Of course it would take like, a while for them to figure out where we now live and to get here, unless they already figured out in prison, but I like to assume they didn't.

Even with that in mind, it was hard to fall asleep. I fantasized about what my bio father would do to me if he got here. I wondered if he hates me or my mom more, and wondered if mom blames herself for it.

While I was thinking and worrying in bed, my confidence and trust in Minho payed off and he called me.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm okay, just... mom helped me through the worst stuff and it's better now, but it's not going away and I can't fall asleep. I just want to talk to you."

"I haven't been able to fall asleep either. What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know, just not.. not whatever is happening. About cheese. I had camembert today, have you ever tried it?"

"Camembert? It wasn't my favourite cheese ever, no, but it wasn't gross. It just stinks."

We kept talking about cheeses and many other things and around 3 am, I stopped receiving an answer from him, and fell asleep too.

It was a nightmare as expected, but not as bad as I expected it to be. I woke up like usual, panting and panicking, but was able to calm down a little.

I looked at my phone to check the time, and noticed the call was still going. It was 9am.

"Minho?" I asked in my morning voice.

"You're awake," His voice sounded a little more clear than mine, "I've been up for a few minutes. The police men just arrived."

"Oh. You could have ended the call."

No answer.

I got out of my bed and looked out the window. There were indeed a few men around our house. I looked over to his window and saw Minho.

"I can see you now." His voice sounded through my phone.

"I can see you too." I answered.

"You're so beautiful."

I was caught off guard by the compliment at first. I probably looked like an ant eater, just after waking up, and we don't usually give compliments. Well, if we did we probably would have kissed earlier.

"You too." is all I said.

"Do you think we can talk? But like, in real life, not through the phone."

"I don't know.. do you wanna ask? And also if people can visit us?"

"Yes I'll go and text you back, you go eat breakfast."

"I will, thank you!"

He then ended the call, which was now 10 hours long, as if it was nothing.

'You're so beautiful'

The words lingered in my ears.

I want to be complimented and loved by him and I want to compliment and love him, and the fact that that dream is coming true is electrifying. No, honestly, not electrifying. I feel satisfied and content. Happy. As if I finally got something I had been saving up for for a long time.

Would words of affirmation be his love language?

We never really talked about love in that way. We told eachother our thoughts and sometimes doubts, but it never went that personal.