Chapter 23: Goodbyes

Ally's POV:

I grabbed the outfit, changed, and walked down the stairs, passing Lily's room where she sat playing dolls with Ann. I paused a moment and smiled, realizing how fortunate I am. Sean texted he was outside waiting for me if I felt like coming. I put on a smile and kept walking feeling confident and happy for once in my life.

I waved goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Axton as I walked out the front door to Sean's car. I hopped in and we drove off to the Melting Pot. "You look gorgeous." Sean exclaimed and I smiled looking down at my light denim shorts, Let's Run Away white tank top woth a heart shaped sunset behind the sparkly dotted letters, and my brand new shawl from Aeropostale. I smiled and replied with a small thanks and we kept going. I wasn't fancy but I sure felt good.

We arrived there and he stepped out and around the car to open the door for me. We laughed and walked in where the hostess showed us to the back star room. She ushered us in and told us the waiter would arrive in a minute. I nodded and she walked off giving Sean and I the chance to get to know each other better.

After a while the waiter finally came and dropped off water for us. He left without getting our orders which was weird but I couldn't care less since I was having such a good time talking to Sean.

"Hey, can we intrude?" I turned to see Jack and Mary, hand in hand with smiling faces. My mouth opened in an O of surprise and Sean calmly took my hand sliding me closer to him and nodded for them to sit down. I shut my mouth and looked at Sean but he just gave me a "look." I turned to Jack and Mary and the conversations began.

----------------------------------

We ate through the cheese and entree courses quickly but the chocolate we took our time with. The strawberries and marshmellows Jack and I enjoyed most but Mary and Sean preferred the brownies and bannanas. The conversation was light and fun. I don't remember having ever been this happy.

"Ally? Earth to Ally?" I heard Sean say and Mary and Jack laughed as I wiped the stupid grin off my face and started paying attention again. Sean sat right by me with my hand in his, the warmth radiating between us like a feeling of comfort and belonging. The love that radiated between us four was the best thing I'd ever felt. I'd found home with them and home with the Axton's.

---------------------------

After dinner Jack and Mary went off to go have some alone time at the hospital. Sean and I climbed in too his car and drove to the Axton's, my house, too hang out. I walked in with him, laughing about a joke he had made when we were walking up. Lilac greeted me at the door, worry clear as day across her face.

"What's wrong?!" I immediately asked and Lilac just pointed for us three to get back in the car. Sean handed his keys to her and we all got in. She began driving us to the destination where the problem was. After a few minutes the route was too familiar. We're going to the hospital...

---------------------------

Mary's POV:
Jack and I left Ally and Sean and we drove back to the hospital. We laughed and joked and I felt so happy, like the misisng part of me had come back in the form of Jack. We walked up to my room in the hospital and just hung out. He lay down next to me and wrapped his arm around me. I put my head on his chest and we cuddled.

It felt so nice to be with him and that's when it happened. I sat straight up, the pain in my head was agonizing. I couldn't hear him but I saw Jack asking what's happening and he was holding me close while pressing the nurse button. I closed my eyes and focused on the memories coming back.

I screamed and grabbed my head putting it between my knees. I fell down and curled up, Jack's hands still rubbing my back, pulling me closer. I could feel nurses rush in and I saw there worried looks. As my memories came back I realized why I never wanted to remember. The memories haunted me and Sean was so familiar because he broke my heart. Jack was supposed to be Ally's boyfriend...

They kept flooding back but it didn't feel like I had lived them. It felt like someone else had done it who looked like me and I had witnessed it all. I finally remembered everything but the pain wasn't going away. It began to intensify and I screamed. Nurses put me on the bed and took Jack out of the room. I opened my eyes and looked at him, then I fell into black.

------------------------------

Ally's POV:
I raced to a room with Lilac and Sean close behind. I was led to a waiting room where Mr. and Mrs. Axton sat. They wore tear stains and their faces were all red and puffy. "Where's Lily???" I demanded, tears beginning to flood my eyes. They looked away from me and Ann walked towards me. She looked like she was in so much pain.

"Lily had a seisure, it was really bad and they don't if she'll be okay. The seisure..." Ann sniffled and wailed for a second before continuing. "The seisure caused a heart attack and she has to be operated on." Tears overflowed down my cheeks and I embraced Ann in a huge hug. We held on too each other and couldn't let go.

----------------------------------

After a while in the waiting room, Lily's doctor walked out to talk with us. Mr. and Mrs. Axton jumped up and ran to him. They talked quietly for a few moments before the two collapsed upon each other. Ann ran to see what happened and when she looked at me I knew what had happened. I fell to the floor with an unbearable pain in my chest. Lily didn't make it...

Sean held me tight as I soaked his shirt. It couldn't be real. This couldn't happen to Lily. She has her whole life ahead of her. It's not possible. But it is.... I cried even harder. As I created an ocean my phone went off with a call from Jack.

"Hello?" I sniffed and said weakly.

"Mary just had an aneurysm and died!" he screamed/cried into the phone.

I threw my phone against the wall and started screaming. Not only was my little sister dead but my best friend is too. I wrapped myself in Sean's embrace and sobbed my heart out.

He drove me home that night and carried me, a sobbing mess of tears to my bed. Setting me down he kissed my forehead and tucked me in. I hit the mattress and passed out. It had been a long day...

---------------------------------

"Ally please wake up!" I heard Lilac scream at me through tears. I looked at her and the events from yesterday flooded through my mind. She embraced me in a hug and sat on my bed with me. The look on her face told me she has more news, and it wasn't good news. "What is it?" I asked.

"You have leukemia Ally. They say you'll live maybe two months."

A/N: Welllllllll thats the end. Hope you enjoyed my story! Thank you for reading it❤❤❤