Chapter 12: Finding Mary

I woke up from a painful sleep to remember everything that had happened. I spent the entire night crying over Mary hoping and praying that she is still alive. I leaned on to the side of my bed and pressed the button for the nurse. It took around two minutes for someone to show up and she looked extremely worried. I gave her a smile to assure her I was okay before speaking.

"I need to know where Ann is and I also need to know how Mary Van-Sheen is." I stated. The nurse gave me a confused look and rolled her eyes. "Um. Listen sweetheart, don't mean to burst your little bubble but I'm not your servant to do what you wish." I pressed the button again and she smacked my hand. Seeing how rude she was I started pressing it a lot more.

The nurse grabbed my hand and started to bend my wrist back. "Honey, that's a button for emergencies not little girl's wishes!" I screamed as the pain in my hand intensified. A couple nurses ran in with a doctor not too far behind. "Rinda!!!! Get your hands off the patient!" the doctor screamed at the nurse, I mean, Rinda. Tears sprung to my eyes and Rinda finally let go as the security ran in. They dragged her out and the doctor took a look at my wrist. It was just a little sprain but it hurt really bad. Granted not as bad as my leg or arm but still, it was just more pain.

After an inspection of the room and assessing if there had been more injuries the doctor and nurses left. They sent Ann in who came in gladly and excited. "So! Spill about the cute boy that came to see you!" she squealed and winked. I laughed and told her all about Jack, then Sean, and all about my new best friend Mary who I just lost. Ann smiled and laughed and gasped at my stories of my new life. I laughed at her and she just smiled. I felt like I could tell Ann anything and everything which was a good thing. I needed to talk to someone and she was it seeing as Mary wasn't around.

I asked Ann to help me find Mary after we talked for a while. She grabbed my hand and nodded. But I felt like she was holding something back. I could tell Ann knew something about where Mary was but she wouldn't tell me, said I had to do it myself. She helped me up and on to my crutches as we walked out of the room.

We walked out and down the hall to the elevator where we pushed the Lobby button. Ann walked me to the front desk and we started asking about Mary. The clerk smiled at me and waved me away to room H504. I went as fast as I could on my crutches and I reached the room out of breath. Ann held me steady as I walked into the small room. The curtains were closed and it was dark. Mary lay on the small bed. She lay still as if she were dead but I knew she wasn't by the small rise and fall of her chest.

I hopped as quick as I could to her side. I grabbed her hand and a lone tear fell down from my eye, flowing down my cheek. I knew what had happened. Mary is in a coma...

Broken LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara