Chapter 6: Bullies and Life

School the next week was torture. Sean tortured me with his jock gang. He got worse with girls. With his girls they would be in the halls all up on each other. He would watch me walk by and just in spite of me he would passionately kiss the girl and pick her up. I couldn't stand him. I had stopped day dreaming about him and my heart no longer beat rapidly for him.

Every week Sean had a new toy. Girls wouldn't stop going after him. It was annoying. And then there was my foster family... Everything was just fine with them I guess. I finally figured out why they immediately wanted to adopt me. They needed me to take care of Lily. They fired Lisa and Ann almost got fired but they realized they needed hey. I miss Lisa but there's nothing I can do.

I'm being used by the rich family but its better then not having one I guess. Life was so diffrent for me now. This was the best foster famiy I had ever had. Lily was easy to take care of. All I had to do was keep her occupied and away from her parents. It's weird but at least I have a home.

School was the same. Ann drives me there, I have classes, watch Sean make out with his sl*t of the week, and then come home and do homework. Then I went with Ann to go and pick up Lily. First semester was gonna be over next monday and I couldn't wait. It would be a schedule change and hopefully no classes with Sean.

Ann dropped me off this morning and it was almost lunch time. I decided I would try to make a friend today, going the whole first semester without any friends was pretty tough. I needed someone to be with. I wanted a best friend like what I had in kindergarten. Becky was my best friend in kindergarten and we used to be so close up until third grade when my dad left and I went into the foster system. I had to find somebody.

I looked around the lunchroom and saw nobody I could approach. Sean caught my eye I looked at him. He was flirting with so many girls that I couldn't keep track. Then I saw a girl with curly black hair and pale skin with electric green eyes walk through the lunch doors. She saw Sean and rolled her eyes, walking past him with an air of disdain. I watched her walk to the wall like what I always do and she sat down. Alone. I stood up with a plan. She was chosen. That girl will be my best friend.