Chapter 16: Saving Mary

Jack, Lilac and I arrived at the hospital in no time and we went straight to Mary's room. The nurses had gotten used to seeing me here everyday. Jack visited often too. We walked in and I gasped at what I saw. Someone had given Mary a make over but she clearly was still in a coma. I smiled at how amazing she looked. Her black hair was shiny once again and her lips were a lush red. The eyeshadow was lime green and forest green in an ombre look. It looked so perfect.

Jack ran to get from the door and immediately grabbed her hand struck by her beauty. I came behind him and patted his back to remind him I am in here too. He laughed shortly and let go of Mary's hand. "Listen, I have a crazy idea to awaken her but I need you for it. I'm hoping she'll be like Snow White and you declare your love for her and she wakes up kind of thing." Jack nodded and turned to Mary. He sat down and began to speak.

"I don't really know you and you don't really know me but from the moment I saw you, I was enchanted. You are..." he turned to me awkwardly, "Can I do this alone please?" i blushed embarrassed and walked out, Lilac right behind me. I sat outside wishing I could hear him speak to her. I just wanted my crazy idea to work. For something to go right and for Mary to have a life.

I couldn't sit any longer as I waited so I began to pace the hallway. Lilac glanced at me worried but said nothing thankfully. If she had asked me I don't know what i would have done. Scream? Cry? Die? Nothing? I just didn't know. All I knew was that my best friend is in a coma and I couldn't save her. Plus it was my fault.

If I hadn't been so obsessed about figuring out things with Jack and Sean then maybe Mary would have seen the truck. Maybe she never would have been hurt. She might have lived a full life but now because of me, she's in a coma. I stopped pushing and fell to the floor. I'm such a horrible friend!!! Tears flowed freely and Lilac came over to comfort me. I didn't understand why this was so stressing, Jack will save her....right?