Chapter 4: The Dinner Party

The Axton's came home and they brought company. I gasped as Sean Barnett walked in with what I am guessing is his parents and little sisters. He looked shocked when he saw me but nobody seemed to notice our surprise. "Come down my darling dear and meet the neighbors. This is Ashley and Todd Barnett with their children. These are their twin girls Hannah and Julie, and their son Sean." announced Mrs. Axton. I put on my best smile and walked down the stairs.

We walked awkwardly into the dining room as the parents talked. Sean and the twins just started at me. I sat next to Lily at the end of the table and Sean sat across from me. Julie sat next to Lily and Hannah sat next to Sean. The kids were on one end of the table and the adults were on the other. We sat in silence waiting for the dinner to begin.

Finally it began a while later. Lisa and Ann brought in the food carts that wheeled in the most magnificent meal I had ever seen. There was steak, potatoes, lobster, pasta, soup, salad, caviar, es cargo, and so many other food items. My stomach growled and I forgot about the company for a moment. All I could see was food and I felt like drooling... For as long as I could remember I never had enough to eat and now I had all this!

I was knocked out of my daydream when I heard Sean laughing hysterically at me. I scowled at him and crossed my arms. He's so rude!

"Okay guys, dig in!" yelled Mr. Axton down the table. Sean immediately grabbed a large steak and some mac and cheese. I gave him a weird look as he reached for the potatoes and some veggie salad stuff. He smirked and shoved it in his mouth. Rolling my eyes I grabbed a small lobster and put spaghetti on the side. The dinner was AMAZING.

The twins and Lily hung out after and ran around the house. Mrs. Axton made me take Sean upstairs to my room to hang out. I sat on my bed and he sat on the desk. Grabbing a book off the night stand I started to ignore him. I mean yes, he is H-O-T....but I can't afford to get attatched. He's just a stupid guy who is super hot and popular and funny and pshhhhhh not like lovable at all....