Chapter 21: Help

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling trying to sort through my thoughts. Sean seemed so sincere and maybe I should forgive him... But what about everyone else. No, no, I can't be with him. Too complicated. But something about him had me hooked. Sean's my addiction, and I don't know how to let him go...

------------------------------------
Mary's POV

That girl...um oh yeah, Ally! She's been so wonderful to me and we've become fast friends. I have no recollection of life before the accident. She's a sweet girl but there's something she's not telling me. I looked out in to the hallway at the discheveled boy who sat there every day. He was cute. Ally told me his name is Jack.

While I've been in the hospital, Jack has sat outside. Well he was the one who woke me up but after I saw him I freaked and he ran. Now he sits in the hallway. Occasionally Ally will leave me and talk to him and other times her maid, Lilac? would be with him. I part of me longed for him to come in and be by my side but I was wary of the stranger. Was he my boyfriend?

Nah, they would have told me. I looked around the room and saw some wilting flowers in the corner and Ally's chair pulled up by my bed. I glanced once more at Jack and decided to follow my heart. My hand slammed down on the nurse call button and my usual lady came in bearing a huge smile. "Ah, Ms. Mary, what can I help you with? Memory?" I smiled and nodded a polite no.

"Can you send in Jack? He might help with relearning my memories and stuff..." I told her and she nodded before swiftly turning and walking to him. I couldn't hear them but as soon as the nurse finished speaking he jumped up eagerly, a light in his eyes I'd never seen before.

A smile lit up my face as I watched him walk into my room, a nearly identical smile lighting up his face. "Hey Mary..."