Chapter 1: Settling Down

Dinner with the Axtons... First dinner in a long time. My past foster home didn't feel the need to ever feed me. It was a good start for this family, although why they want me is a mystery. Lily dragged me down to the table where the food sat. I looked around for Mr. And Mrs. Axton but I couldn't find them. Lily sat down and began eating right away and I found it quite odd. "Mawy?" Lily whispered as a lady in a black dress with a white apron ran in the dining area crying. She looked at us and her cries grew louder, she ran out and we heard the front door slam.

Mrs. Axton walked in and kissed Lily on the top of the head. "Goodbye honey. I'll see you later, Ann will take care of you." she signaled to the door and another lady (maid?) walked in. "Don't worry about Mary, she's leaving for a while. If you need anything Ally, please just ask our maids Ann or Lisa. Bye girls, kisses!" Mr. Axton walked in and the two hooked arms walking out of the house.

From the look on Lily and Ann's faces this was no surprise. "Every dinner?" I questioned and Ann nodded. So this was life with the Axtons....

---------------------------------------

After dinner Ann put Lily to bed. I stayed downstairs and started figuring out the house. If this was going to be my home got the next three years I was going to want to know it. The kitchen was hidden, more like a resturaunt kitchen then a house one. The chefs were back there preparing for breakfast the next day. I was quickly shooed out of there and directed to the living room. In there was a huge flat screen tv that took up most of the wall. My mouth dropped open in awe and I started at it for a while. Ann finally came in and caught me. My cheeks flushed and I said goodnight before running to my room embarrassed.

Once in my room I sat down and started to relax. My new home wasn't too bad. I took a look around before laying on my bed in the dark. I always found it comforting when it was completely silent and dark. My eyes closed and before I knew it, I was out.

"Miss, wake up. Its your first day of school!" I blinked open my eyes and groaned as I looked at the time. 5:00am. "Nooooo go away!" I yelled wrapping myself in the warm blankets. "Oh dear..." was all I heard before Ann ripped the sheets from off of me and turned on the lights to blind me. I screeched and jumped out of bed trying to grab the covers. Ann laughed at me and pointed to the shower. I caught the hint.

I jumped in the shower and washed up for a good long time. This place was a paradise compared to other foster homes, food, showers, and people who took care of you! I wrapped the towl around me and walked back into my room. Looking through my backpack was useless I realized when I grabbed the one t-shirt and chose the dark jeans rather then light. As I was about to get dressed I heard a knock on the door and two seconds later Lisa popped in giving me a heart attack!

"Hey hon, clothes in the closet! We leave in thirty." she told me with her hand over her eyes. I thanked her and she shut the door behind her. I recovered after my mini heart attack. I slowly walked to the closet and opened the door. A light flicked on and what I saw stunned me. There were clothes everywhere. It was walk in and almost a room itself! I walked in and turned in a circle. I was so in heaven!

It was color organized by the rainbow. I walked to where my favorite color pink was. I put on my old jeans and looked through pink tops until I found the perfect one. With it being summer I totally knew exactly what to wear. I grabbed a light pink and white striped flowing crop top. I put a white tank top underneath and walked to the end of the closet where there was a vanity set. All the makeup a girl could want and a full length mirror.

It felt like forever before Ann came in telling me to get in the car. Lisa was going to drive. I took one last peek at myself before running out the door. I actually looked good for once. With a smile on my face I had a feeling it would be a great day.

--------------------------------------

The building stood there taunting me as I cautiously walked towards it. It looked like a completely normal school but it wasn't. Once inside I saw what it truly was... A rich school for rich kids. I sighed and trudged along behind Lisa who directed me to the school office where she signed me in and said goodbye. Confused I stood there waiting for someone to tell me what to do. With normal schools there was someone to guide me or a foster parent to talk to the school for information.

Completely clueless I walked across the room to the desk that was labeled, Schedules and Names. Grabbing a piece of paper I wrote down my name and put it through the window slot, "One moment please." A man's voice said and I heard a printer in the background. A minute later the schedule popped out. I grabbed it and looked at my first class, US Government/Room A213. Now time to find my class....