Chapter 18: Mary's New Life

I charged into the hospital room and told the nurse buh bye. She gave me a disgusting look and Mary looked at me with wide electric eyes completely filled with fear. When I was finally alone with her I gave her a weak smile. She returned it to me with a little hesitation. "Hi..." I said to her. She nodded at me like I was a complete stranger, which I guess I am to her now...

---------------------------------------

I talked to Mary for awhile and she warmed up to me. She started talking to me a little more and we began to be more friend like. This Mary is different though I realized as we talked. Without her past she wasn't quite herself. She seemed to trust me more as we talked.

It was weird getting to know this diffrent Mary. She was happier and more trusting. It made sense. She doesn't remember her Dad and Mom always fighting and how they are only together to keep Mary in the school and for appearance. She doesn't remember how her first boyfriend was Sean (surprised? I'm not.) and he took her heart and broke it. She doesn't remember everyone making fun of her for her whole life and losing friend after friend.

Mary's parents had seperate rooms but when there were guests over they had a pretend room that they slept together in. Her mom had cheated on her dad when Mary was ten and almost moved away. She only stayed for Mary's sake. Her dad found out about his wife cheating on him and he started sleeping with his assistant Sherri. I found out about the situation when I was hanging with her after school and her dad ran through the room in his underwear and Sherri was in nothing but a bra and underwear. They were embarrassed as they saw me and Mary shooed them away explaining everything to me.

I snapped out of my thoughts and went back to talking to Amnesia Mary. That's my new name for her. She basically wanted to hear only about me since she didn't really remember her own life. I filled her in on everything in my life, minus Jack and Sean. She didn't need that right now. Mary has her own problems about remembering things and trying to get better from being stuck in the hospital.

"Ms. Ally?" Lilac poked her head in through the door and I smiled at her. Mary went completely quiet and I stood up. It was time to go home I guess. I gave Mary an awkward hug and said goodbye. Lilac grabbed my hand and pulled me out, closing the door behind us. Instantly I was jerked from her pull into the arms of....