10

My injury was nothing serious, thanks god. The doctor was finding it suspicious but didn't say anything. I can't say how grateful I was for that all.

They said it would be better if I spent the night there, so I did.

I had the hospital robe on while lying in the sickbed. I couldn't fall asleep. I was drained of energy just few hours back, how is this possible?

I came up to the window, looking down on the lights of the night city underneath. He hurt me and he would be able to do it again for sure.

I knew that I shouldn't ignore him but this, this was just nothing I expected.
I despise him so much, but...

It's like in some fucking movie. There is always some "but", but this is not a fucking movie! There should be no but right now.
I am exhausted of this shit, I am exhausted of living.

•••
In the morning I signed some papers before going home. I called in sick today, because I really didn't feel like taking pictures. I would look terrible on them anyway. They will for sure find someone else.

What I didn't expect was that Niall would wait for me outside the hospital entrance door.

"Hey, are you feeling good?" he came up to me.
"Better." I smiled at him.
"Oh, come here." he hugged me tightly.
"Let's go home."

"I have my car at the airport." I said mindlessly. Oh shit, I shouldn't have said that.
"Wait. How did you get home then?" he glanced at me from the driver's seat.
"I ran out of gas so... I need to grab a canister now." just improvise.
"Okay, the gas station then." was all he said.

I played along with the little story I created and after two hours we were finally home.

"Hey Harry?"
"Yeah?" I turned around when I closed the door behind me.
"This was in the mailbox, it's for you." what?

I looked at the envelope. There was no address or whatsoever. Somebody must have brought it here.

I opened the envelope, bringing out a paper.

There was only one word wrote in red color. Wait, that looked like- blood.

'Death'. was the word written there.

I ripped it into hundred pieces and threw it away into the bin in the kitchen.

"Something important?" Niall came in right after I did that.
"Not at all. I will take a nap, yeah?" I coughed awkwardly.
"Sure. Get your beauty sleep." Niall smiled but I could see flash of concern on his face.

•••
The following days passed by quickly. I got back to work, back into the track of my life. I actually didn't have to deal with any other messages and stuff.

Everything was weirdly calm.

That of course changed when I was going home after a photoshoot on friday.
One of the tall men in black suit stopped me right in front of the building of my company, leading me into the car.

Not this shit again.

Our drive wasn't long, it stopped when we arrived to that skyscraper.
"The top floor." that man made sure I got inside of the building.

I knew I didn't want any other trouble so I just obeyed, pressing the highest button on the elevator display.

The door of his flat were open so I came inside without an invitation.