Chapter Sixteen - Happy Cupcake

THE DARK BROCOLLI HAIR. The fair skin. The big bright youthful smile. Eyes of deep shade of gray. Everything about Piccollo Hawthorne, physically, screamed foreigner blood.

But his heart? His values?

Very Filipino.

He had a strong sense of family. Kaya kahit nakabalik na ng US, pumunta na naman ito sa Pilipinas para ipakita ang suporta sa grand opening ng Sondra's. Piccollo always brought an optimistic air anywhere he goes. He was always ready with a smile. Kahit mga problema , kaya nitong tawanan. Ang mga atraso? Madali nitong kalimutan.

Pero hindi ganoon si Stacey.

Natutuwa siyang makita si Piccollo. Masaya siya na mukhang nasa mabuting kalagayan ang lalaki. Damn. He seemed to be having a lot going on very well in his life these days.

But she was horrified.

Hindi niya alam kung paano pakikitunguhan ang lalaki.

"I knew it's you," malapad na ngiti ni Piccollo Hawthorne sa kanya.

Paling ang ngiti niya rito. "Hi, Piccollo."

She had no right to ask why he's here. He's Sondra's cousin, for Pete's sake!

Bakit nga ba hindi man lang niya naisip na makikita rito si Piccollo? Had he really been out of her mind for so long she almost forgot his existence?

Piccollo gave her a quick scan. "You look great."

He was complimenting Stacey her hair tied in a low bun; her tight white pants; and her brown front knot crop top that has a sweetheart neckline and short puffed sleeves.

Lumipat ang tingin ng binata kay Renante.

"Hi," nabawasan ang sigla sa ngiti ni Piccollo.

Namilog ang mga mata ni Stacey nang maramdaman ang kamay ni Renante sa kanyang balakang. He gave her a little nudge, closer to the side of his body. She was almost cradled beneath his arm at their closeness.

"I am happy you both made it here," patuloy nito. "This means, you and Sonny are already cool, right?"

"Sort of," she admitted. Hindi naman kasi sigurado si Stacey kung talaga bang okay na ang lahat.

Even if Sondra was genuine about wanting her back as her friend, their past was hard to get over from for Stacey. Lalo na sa parte niya.

Dahil siya ang nagkaroon ng atraso kay Sondra.

She hadn't been a genuine friend to her.

She had done bad things, said hurtful things to her.

"What about us?" he smiled meaningfully.

Stacey was more aware of Renante. She had seen his dark side before- when he wasn't in love with her yet. She didn't want that unleashed once more just because of a jealousy over her and Piccollo.

"What with us?" maingat niyang tanong.

"Well.." Piccollo slightly hesitated. His eyes never strayed again at Renante's direction. "Do I still have to stay away from you? Or is it safe now for us to talk?"

"Wala nang nagi-stalk sa akin," magaan niyang ngiti rito.

"And hopefully," Renante began taking charge, "hindi ka pumalit sa nangungulit kay Stacey."

Piccollo scanned her before he confidently stood up to Renante.

"I don't do the stalking shit, don't worry. I have nothing to hide. No reason to lurk around when I can be as close as this to Stace."