Chapter Seventeen - Sundaze

THIS SHOULD BE PARADISE. To be sitting on this sofa, leaning your head against the shoulders of the man of your dreams. His arm draped around your shoulders. Your other arm laid across his chest, hooked on a shoulder. His free hand on top of his lifted knee, hoisted by his foot atop the edge of the coffee table.

It is true love, when you don’t think of something dirty all the time you are with him. That even if you are both sitting in silence, your heart is contented.

They were past the lusting stage, maybe.

Maybe, they should be already moving to the next level of this relationship.

But as Stacey stared blankly at the TV, she felt uneasy.

For some reason, the silence between them that used to be comforting at first, has found its way to bother her.

Nagnakaw siya ng tingin kay Renante. Mga mata lang ang kanyang ginalaw.

He was very attentive with the show they were watching on TV, casted via his WIFI connected smartphone. It was a suspense thriller. Renante loves shows that absorbs him and makes him think.

No wonder he wasn’t afraid with her stalker issues. That is his advantage. He won her heart by landslide by helping her out.

Renante had on a pair of tight dark blue boxers, with a sinful stitching style that emphasized the crotch area, and a white turtleneck shirt that was slightly loose, made of thin fabric for a glimpse of his sexily sculpted torso. His hair was a mess of jet black, tossed by his fingers.

At heto siya. Naka-gartered high cut shorts na puti at tank top na dilaw. It fitted her body like skin— tight and sculpting her every delicious curve. A pink scrunchie tied her dark hair to a low ponytail.

May boses na kumukukit kay Stacey na gusto niyang magliwaliw.

Mag shopping.

Mamasyal.

Mag-clubbing.

Then Stacey remembered the reality.

Paubos na ang reserba niyang pera.

It doesn’t matter if you have millions in your bank account. Kung puro labas lang naman ang pera pambayad ng bills, mortgage, pagkain, supplies at kaunting ginhawa; at kung wala namang pumapasok pabalik na pera, wala rin.

She needed to establish a new business with the little money she had left.

Stacey remembered Piccollo’s call last night. Bakit kaya tumawag ang lalaking iyon?

Hindi niya sinagot dahil pagod talaga siya. Siguradong dadaldalin siya nang dadaldalin ni Piccollo. May lahing makulit din kasi ang taong iyon.

Her mind was already fleeting all over the place and Renante did not even notice.

Stacey snuggled closer to him. Dama niya ang paghila ng braso ni Renante para humigpit ng pagkakayakap sa kanyang balikat.

He was still attentive to the show he was watching.

Will he be offended if she tells him she’s bored of this set-up? That they should try doing something new?

That maybe, what they really needed to go to the next level? To start planning their wedding. Will they have kids or not? Tutal, nagsasama na rin naman sila sa iisang bahay.

“Pizza or fast food?” tingala ni Stacey rito, nakasandal pa rin sa balikat ni Renante.

He remained silent for a minute or two. He just could not look away from the screen. When the scene was safe to ignore, Renante finally turned to her. Maingat ang kilos nito, siniguradong hindi siya maiistorbo sa pagkakasandal dito.