Chapter 2

Leilani's POV

I swallowed dryly as the girl got closer to me. I took a step back every time she took a step forward. She eventually pushed me and I fell and dropped all my things.

She got on top of me and hit me and I covered my face. In a blink of an eye the girl was on the ground crying. I sat up and saw that mysterious girl beating her up. I scrambled to my feet and pulled her off.

She looked so angry, but when she saw me her face softened a bit. I let her go and she dusted herself off. "You three in my office." The principal said. I got scared because I never got in trouble before.

I was known as the goody two shoes in this school. "W-what." I whisper with a shaky voice. "I said my office now!" He yelled I flinched and backed away, bumping into billie in the process. "It's ok he's not going to do anything." She whispered in my ear.

Tears formed in my eyes as we walked to the office. We all say down and waited for the principal to speak. "Billie, Ava I expect you too, but you- remind me of your name." He said as he pointed at me.

"Oh u-uh Leilani." I mumbled. "Speak up!" He yelled slightly. I flinched and the girl name I got to know is billie held my hand. "Loosen up man can't you see she's scarred." She said harshly.

I furrowed my eyebrows, why was she taking up for me, and why did she save me from getting my ass beat. I looked down to embarrassed to look up. "What happened." He asked. "Ava wants to start shit so she can get an audience." Billie said calmly.

"She bumped into me." She pointed to me. "I-I-" Billie cut me off. "Yea but she said sorry you asshole." Billie said. "Ladies!" He yelled. I flinched, what? I don't like to be yelled at. Billie squeezed my hand comfortingly and I relaxed a little. Weird.

"I'm going to let you off with a warning, but you two got detention." He pointed to Billie and the other girl who's name I can't remember. "Cmon now sir me and you both know I ain't going." Billie said as she sat back in her chair and man spread her legs.

"Just go." I whispered to her. She looked at me and her eyebrows furrowed. She sighed, "Alright fine." She mumbled. We stood up and billie and the other girl grabbed their detention slips. Billie never let go of my hand as we walked out.

"I-I'm sorry I got you into this." I said shyly. "It's cool, I was going to get into a fight one of these days." She shrugged. "Are you...new here?" I asked quietly. "Of course not, I just stay to myself because it's better that way." She said.

I nodded. She dragged me to the bathroom and locked the door. I began to start to panic because why would she lock it. "Calm down mama, I'm just going to help you." She said. I blushed and looked down.

She pulled me towards the sink and wet a paper towel. She dabbed it over my face and I winced. "Ow." I mumbled. "Sorry, I just don't want this cut to get infected." She said. Her face was so close to mines.

After she was done we stared at each other for a moment. She cleared her throat then pulled away. "Um make sure you put some ointment on it." She mumbled. "T-thanks." I said quietly.

"Give me your phone." She demanded. I quickly fumbled to get it out of my pocket and handed it to her. She kind of terrifies me but in a good way. "You need to learn how to fight, I'll text you when I get out of detention so you can come to my place." She said.

"Wait-." "See you later Leilani!" She said as she walked away. I walked out of the bathroom and went to my locker. "Ugh I've been waiting for hours- holy shit what happened to your face." She said angrily.

"Nothing Zoey I'm fine." I said as I put my books in my bookbag and closed my locker. I slung my bookbag over my shoulder. "It doesn't look like nothing." She said. "Zoe I'm fine ok." I said to her. She sighed and finally gave in.

"Wanna hang out in a few hours." She asked. "I can't." I mumbled. "Why not?" She asked. "Because I'm going to hang out with billie." I said as I saw my mom. "Listen I gotta go I'll text you." I said and gave her a hug goodbye.

I walked to the car with my head hung low. If my mom were to see this cut on my face she would freak out. "Hey sweetie how was school." She asked as she pulled off. "Um it was ok, I made a new friend." I said while thinking abt billie.

"That's good, I'm glad your socializing more." She said. "sort of." I mumbled. We got home and I went inside and sat my bookbag on the table. "What do you want for dinner?" My mom asked. "I don't know." I sighed.

"What in the hell happened to your face!" She yelled. I flinched and tears formed in my eyes. "Sorry I didn't mean to yell." She hugged me and I let out a small it's ok. I never knew why I didn't liked being yelled at.

It just always used to trigger something in me that I didn't like. "What happened." She asked. "Nothing mom just some dumb girl at my school I'm fine." I mumbled as I sat at the kitchen Island.

"You sure?" She asked. "Yes mom, can I ask you something." I said. "Go for it." She said. "Can I maybe go over my friends house today, pretty please." I begged. "I don't know mija." She said. "Please I'll be very responsible." I said.

"Fine, but if you end up staying please let me know." She said. "Of course." I smiled. I ran upstairs and changed my outfit to a more comfortable one. Some gray sweat pants with a white t-shit.

__

I was scrolling through tik tok when My phone dinged indicating I got a message. It was billie texting me to come over. I grabbed my phone and my charger before putting on my shoes and heading downstairs.

"Bye mom, bye dad." I said as I left the house. She sent me her address and turns out she lives down the street from me. I walk a few houses down before I'm at her house.

I finally got the courage to knock on the door after standing outside for at least 2 minutes. A tall ginger head man opened the door and smiled warmly at me.

"You must be Leilani."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Hey guys hope you like this chapter. Sorry for mistakes stay safe. Love you.!

1153 words