"You're alright! Where is aunt?" She turns around and shakes her head still pointing to the backyard.

  Aunt steps out of the farm running her hands through my face after she runs to me.

"Are you okay?" I nod back smiling lightly at her. "I have to go now, but please don't leave the house until everything's cleared."

 She sighs before turning to Bo Mi. "And how is Soo Bin? Is she also alright? I haven't heard from her."

My eyebrows furrow in surprise as I  turn to Bo Mi puzzled.

"No, I haven't seen her." Aunt stares at me blankly and retorts immediately. "She left before you. How come you haven't seen her?"

  Pursing my lips, I turn to the entrance and pat her shoulders.

  "Maybe she has her reasons. But I'll look for her once I get back to the palace."

With a silent nod, I leave the house and march towards the palace entrance. My eyes glance curiously at the several dead bodies from the town square. I stop suddenly when a quick force brushes over the tree.

I can only see a shadow of someone from a far. He is in all black with a blue mask covering his face. His arms are hidden under the black cloak hiding his identity.

 Spotting a bit of his face, I notice a bit of familiarity. Min Kyu was never fully truthful to me. I could ask him personally if he's caught red handed.

After debating for a second, I decide to find out if he's Min Kyu, so I start chasing after him.

 Lifting up my fabric of my robe, I begin running after him. He pauses behind a stall when he realizes that someone is following him.

"Hey stop!"

  He pushes me aside when I get closer. I yelp when my body hit the floor. He turns back and stares at me for a while. His eyes seem pretty familiar but before I can study him carefully he runs off.

 I get back on my feet feeling a sharp pain across my back.

"Ouch. Who was he? But he didn't push me hard, it was as if he didn't want to hurt me." I thought while brushing of the trail of dirt on my hanbok.

  "Could it be him?"

  "Your Majesty!" Moon Bin exclaims after pacing slowly when he gets closer to Woo Hyun.

"The masked man killed all of them each and every vampire in the town!" Woo Hyun fixes the sword in its sheath and turns towards Ji Min's abode angrily after a silent nod.

 "But the people are still petrified! They demand a solution. Some think you're behind it. One of the vampires uttered your name before they died."

  He bangs the door open and steps in to attack Ji Min who dodges in shock. "What's wrong with you?" He screams while throwing him backwards with his speed.                       

  "Ji Min!" Woo Hyun yells attracting the attention of the guards. When the guards attempt to seize him, Ji Min raises his hand at them and orders them to step back.

  "What is it?"

  Woo Hyun throws at him an angry and irritated look before he pulls out his sword immediately at him. He lifts the sword to his neck. Ji Min sighs and turns to him curiously rolling his tongue.

"I told you to stop releasing vampires in the town!"

   Ji Min furrows his eyebrows and checks up on the guards who affirmed his statement with a nod.

"I-I didn't-"

 Woo Hyun scoffs and drops his sword anxiously.

"Why am I even asking you? You won't spea-"  Ji Min calls for his sword and gazes at him seriously.

"I didn't do it. But I think I know who." Before he cam utter a word, Ji Min takes off rushing for the woods as his sword clinks beside him.

 He stands beside a tree close to a cliff deep down the hill. A bunch of trees accompanies that old tree. The rustling of the trees echoes through his ears as his eyes are closed.

He takes deep short breaths and opens his eyes immediately he hears light simple steps approaching from behind him.

 "So you came—Nam Ji Min", a steep voice mocks before he laughs heartily. Ji Min's eyes turn red with hate when they set on an average young man standing five metres from him with his hands behind him.

      Comment 💫 Vote 💫  Share

Who released live vampires into the town?

Who is the masked man, and why did he run off without hurting Seong Ri?

Where is Min Kyu?

And where is Soo Bin too?

Who does Ji Min suspect, and for what reason did the suspect do that?

What history does he have with him? Is he a vampire too?

How did he become one?