Chapter 43

Lucca Giovanni's POV

We were at the clinic as I was promising Laura the second scanning of the baby after she was positively pregnant. I was nervous as I was looking around the hospital. It was white and all creepy but I think it must be the sanitizer smell that I hated so much that I don't like to be in the hospital for so long.

But today was not about me, it was about Laura and our unborn child. I have to be strong for them. The warm hand was sliding between my fingers. I turned to look at my wife, my beautiful dolcezza as her uncanny violet eyes were holding concern in them.

"Are you okay? Your hands are cold," Laura said as I was smiling at her. I cannot let her know that I was afraid of the hospital. I don't think that I would ever tell anyone that I was not good at many things when people claimed I can do anything.

Nicolas would have a flip and he would tell his buddies as well as my buddies. We have had the same mutual friends over the past few months now. Adam Florenz, the former Interpol detective that was now a CEO for Kent Tech Inc. Danial Summer, my cybersecurity guy that worked from home in Albania because his wife and he were trying to enjoy the newlyweds year. They just got married last month.

I sighed before I was closing my eyes and I turned to look at the door of the OBGYN that will be observing my wife. The door opened before we were looking at a very young woman that was smiling at us.

"Mrs. Giovanni?" She said as we both stood and we were walking into the room she was asking Laura to lay on the bed as she was preparing for the ultrasound. She was putting some gel on the scanner before she was putting it on Laura's still flat stomach. The machine was showing the embryo of my unborn child. She was explaining to us what was there right now as we were approaching 3 weeks of pregnancy.

"Well, it seems that everything was looking okay. I cannot see anything that would harm the baby or you, ma'am. But I do advise that you have to stay healthy and eat wholesome food. Keep your regular exercise and I will see you in a few weeks," she said as she was smiling at Laura. We thanked the doctor before we were off from the hospital as I was trying to make sure that the surprise that I was planning for Laura was still ongoing.

"So, shall we go home?" She asked me as I was smiling at her.

"Yes, home. Let's go home," I said as I was opening the door for Laura before she slipped in and I was getting to the other side after I closed her door. I got in and I started the ignition before I was sped off from the visitor's parking. I was driving as usual but I was making a detour toward the suburbs. Laura must notice that I was doing the detour as she was looking at me before she was arching her eyebrows at me.

"I thought we were going home?"

"We are," I said shortly as I was focused on the road.

"But this was not the way to the mansion as I was turning left at the ramp before I was going into the suburbs. It was one of the wealthiest areas of Milan that I hoped Laura would like before I was parking the car in front of the house that the real estate has mentioned to me.

"Here we are," I said as I turned to look at Laura. She was looking at the house before she turned to look at me.

"What is this about?" She asked me as her violet eyes were staring at me. I smiled before I gestured at the house.

"What do you think about this? It has 5 bedrooms and 5 baths. Then we have a little patio and then there's backyard—"

"Lucca," she said as I stepped from explaining the amenities of the house.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing exactly?" She asked me before I was smiling charmingly at her. She was narrowing her eyes at me before I was taking her hands into mine.