Chapter 24

Nathan White's POV

"So, who's ready to get down?" I said and before anyone could answer it, I swung my leg and kicked everyone that was in my range. I was able to sneak to the top of the shoulder of one of the guards and did a backflip before landing on their faces.

I was about to kick someone's face before I heard some grunting behind me. I looked for a minute and saw that Lucca has turned into someone else. He was not Lucca Giovanni anymore, but Luke the Terminator was what we used to call him back in the day when he was a champion in boxing at Harvard.

I was smirking before he looked at me with bloodlust eyes. I avoided his gaze before going to kick more sorry asses for involving Laura in their kidnapping.

Lucca was attacking some of the guards, protecting my back as I did a somersault, kickback, and flew across the floor. I was so immersed in surviving the fight and accidentally kicked one of Lucca's legs.

"Dude!" He shouted at me before I landed on my feet. All of the guards have fallen as Lucca was rubbing his sorry leg.

"Sorry, did not mean to harm you," I said in a surrender position. I don't want to mess up with Lucca when he was mad as hell to save his bride. We were dusting ourselves as we were running around to look around for some gateway or something. I looked at one of the guards for keys or a map to locate where they came from and luckily one of them has it.

"Here, look," I said trying to get Lucca's attention. He was so immersed in expecting the forest and did not pay attention to me when I was explaining.

"Dude! Listen!" I said as I smacked his shoulder.

"Oh, sorry," he said as he rubbed his nape. I guessed unleashing Luke the Terminator once after a long time must be tiring.

"Okay, so, we were here. Now, we must go straight and turn right to find this gateway," I said as I was looking into my smartphone that was equipped with government-issued maps that can help Lucca save his bride, even though most of the work was done by me.

I'm nice that way. We walked for a while before turning into a corner and a huge dead-end with vines was in our view.

"Great! You got us all lost," Lucca hissed.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, Lucca. Watch and learn, my friend," I said as I was walking through the vine. Lucca followed a pursuit. He was amazed at me.

"Told you should have gone to that camp," I said as I picked up the pin lock of the door.

"I have a more important matter at hand," he murmured as I chuckled at his childish act. The door opened and I gestured for him to get in first.

"After you, Your Excellency," I said as I bowed at him.

"Shut up," he said before walking inside the door. I chuckled behind him before holding him from taking another step.

"Stop!" I said at him before he stopped moving at all. Seriously, this guy tensed up when in a tough situation. Probably why he refused to accept the offer. I scanned the floor and the ceiling. Motion detector, high-end tech. No joke. These kidnappers knew their stuff. I applauded at that.

"Stay here," I said as I took some powder and threw it into the room. The lasers started to show up. I smiled as I knew this stuff would happen. But, why would they go through all these measures for Laura Conti?

Who was she?

"Wow, I would get killed if you did not stop me," Lucca said as he looked at the lasers.

"Easy peasy. I have done this a thousand times," I said as I looked at him.

"Show off," he said before crossing his arms in front of his chest. I chuckled before looking into the room to look for the kill switch.