Chapter 29

Laura Conti's POV

"Okay, chop, chop, everyone. I want all of the details perfect and our bride has to be PERFECT!" Antonio's voice was filling the room as he and his assistant were doing my makeup and hair. They even brought the gown from Milan to Finale Lìgure. I was shocked as they were doing stuff to my face and my hair as I have been sitting for hours. Now, it was the peak of preparation when Antonio said the wedding will start in 30 minutes.

Everything was a blur. I was standing in front of the mirror to look at someone that I don't even recognize myself. The person was wearing natural makeup, a strapless, love-shape neckline lace wedding gown. I was amazed to see that my black hair was glossy and my violet eyes were shining. I have a glow that I don't even know I can do it.

"Is everyone ready?" Kyle's voice filled the room as he entered the room. I turned to look at him, surprised that he had even come to my wedding.

"Yes, everything is according to plan. Now, she is ready," Antonio said before he went out of the room with his assistance to give some privacy to Kyle and me. He sighed as he looked at me and held my hands. He was wearing a black tuxedo and was very hot in it. I would want to know who can mend his heart.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry, Laura, for everything that Marco and I did that made your life complicated and hard. I am so sorry for never protecting you when I am the oldest in the family. You ran away to Albania because of what happened to mum, I..." he stopped to take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," he said as he looked at me with his teary eyes. I smiled at him before we hugged. I already forgot what Marco and Kyle did when we were little. We were kids but Lucca has been there like a friend and a person that was dear the most to me. Heck, I even wanted to get to the aisle with him today!

"It's okay, Kyle. Let's forget our past and mend our future together. I would never turn my back on my family. You guys were the ones that I have left," I said as I caressed his cheek to wipe his tears.

"Mamma Mia! What have you done to my beautiful creation?!" Antonio screamed as he saw us. I smiled awkwardly as he already instructed me to not mess with my hair and makeup.

"Sorry, it was all my fault," Kyle said charmingly at Antonio. He melted under Kyle's smile.

"Oh, hush darling, let aunty Romano fix it for you. Now off you go," Antonio instructed Kyle to leave me to do his work and move to the beach for our wedding.

I felt excited, and nervous and wanted to vomit with all the feelings that were holding inside me at this moment. I can feel my cold feet and the butterfly in my stomach as I walked out of the room and Antonio instructed me to walk slowly and be ready at the end of the red carpet. I felt nervous all of a sudden until Kyle stood next to me.

"Relax, mia Sorella. Everyone will love you, especially the man you're marrying today," he said smirking at me. I rolled my eyes at him as I punched lightly at him. He overacted with it. He was such a drama queen.

"Ugh, I am going to be sorry for Lucca to live with you for the rest of his life," he said before the Wedding March began to play. I walked down the aisle with Kyle holding me steady. I was so nervous that I don't want to embarrass myself by tripping or ripping my dress.

Then, I focused on the end of the altar. And there he was, standing to wait for me to come, and took my hands from my brother.

I can see that his best friend, Nathan White was the best man and Stella was my maid of honor. I was surprised that she kept this a secret from me. She smiled at me as I looked around for the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

There were some familiar faces but most of them were people that I don't have a good connection with. I saw some people in the crowd, Madame Rossi and her husband, Tim and his wife and their baby. I smiled at them as I scanned the crowd again. Then I saw Lucca's side of the family.