Chapter 16

Laura Conti's POV

The kiss on the beach was magical as I can't stop thinking about it. Lucca's smirk, his mischievous look in his eyes, and those full, kissable lips. God, I was losing my self-control the more I spent time with him.

And tonight, Aunt Amara decided to make a party celebrate her son. Now, I was hoping that I did not come here at all.

The party was going to start in 30 minutes and I was stuck here to get my dress on my body. I don't have any dress because of my stubbornness during my shopping spree with Lucca the other day but thanks to Talia, I have a dress to wear tonight. I was putting on my dress when Lucca barged into the room.

"You're not ready yet?" Lucca said as he went to the vanity to get his necktie done. I rolled my eyes at him when I tried to put the dress on. It was violet spaghetti straps dress with a zip on the back. I cannot get the zipper even though I have done it myself. I was grunting hard when I felt a familiar hand on my back.

"Let me help you," Lucca said as he pulled it up off my zipper. His hand was grazing across my back and I can feel goosebumps on the nape of my neck. I was sighing as he zipped it up until the end and his contact was out of reach.

He helped get my straps in place as he lingered his hands longer than they should be. Not that I was complaining. I was happy because last night I did not sleep in the same bed with him. Even if I did, I might not be able to control myself anymore. I was sure that I will jump on him now and then. The sexual tension was frustrating me.

"You look beautiful tonight, Laura," he said huskily as he was nuzzling my neck from behind. We were standing in front of the mirror I was looking at Lucca who has been nice enough to help me get ready. I murmured thanks before going to the bathroom counter to get my makeup done.

"My pleasure," he said before kissing my hand before getting into the closet. The memory of what was happening in the closet made me blush hard. I don't know what was going on as I was doing my makeup.

I just put some foundation to cover the redness on my face. Then I did some basic eye makeup with nude eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. As I was happy with my makeup, I was about to put on some nude lipstick when Lucca come inside.

"You should put on some dark red lipstick," he said as he was rummaging through the bottom cabinet of the bathroom. I did not even have dark red lipstick!

"Sorry, I only have nude ones. I'm guessing you don't have either," I said as I was trying to make a joke to him. He was getting up from under the counter before he gave me the red lipstick.

"How do you...why do you have it?" I asked him as I took it from him.

"I guess you never know," he said, winking before getting out of the bathroom. I arched my eyebrow at him before shaking my head at him.

"Don't worry, I got it from Talia," he said into my left ear that making me jerk upward.

"Put it on, I want to see it," he said as he encouraged me to put it on. I opened the lipstick and put it on my lips. I was putting it very carefully as I don't want any smudge. As I was done and close the lipstick, I felt that my lipstick was moisturized and it looked good on me, indeed. I smacked my lips a few times before Lucca grabbed the lipstick from my hand. I was startled as usual because he was so quiet that I did not even notice he was coming in.

"I'll take that," he said as he was getting out of the bathroom.

"Jesus, you need to stop doing that," I said as I clutched my heart. I looked at him when he was behind me. He smirked before kissing me on the lips. I was startled again before he went out of the bathroom quickly. I was relieved but when I looked at myself in the mirror, my lips were smudged everywhere.