Chapter 17

Nathan White's POV

I watched my duke friend, Lucca carrying his bride-to-be upstairs in bridal style. I was jealous, partly because I can't even have a relationship because of my agreement with the government.

But a part of me knew that rules were meant to be broken. One of the advantages of growing up without the supervision of my parents, I guess, I can do anything that I want as long as I don't get caught.

"Alone tonight?" A lady with a flawless American accent was asking me when I was just hanging out at the bar as I was just getting some drinks. I needed to get out of here because I was paranoid that my enemies were everywhere.

"No, not really. Are you?" I asked her back as I went to look at the mysterious stranger. I smiled as my eyes were greeted by luxurious pale, skinny legs that were glorious to my sight right now. I looked up from her legs to see that she wore a mini dress that barely covered her thighs.

My eyes rode with excitement when I was greeted by full ample bosoms that were begging to be touched by my hands. My hands ached to touch it. Then, I looked at her face, her eyes were glistening with mischief, like the forest as I lost in its depth.

Her manes were fiery as fire and curly as I want to run my hands through them. Her high cheekbones and those kissable, full lips. She ran her tongue on her lower lips and blood rushed toward my cock.

"Want to get out of here, handsome?" She asked as she arched her eyebrow at me.

"May I ask your name before we get out of here?" I asked as I want to remember her name.

"Sabrina, enchanted to meet you," she said as she held her hand to shake with mine.

"Nathan," I said as I shook her hand as held it with electricity. It shook every nerve in my cells and body. She arched her eyebrow when I was so shocked by the touch.

"Nice to meet you, Nathan," she said my name, and I liked how it just flowed out with ease.

Lucca Giovanni's POV

I carried Laura into our bedroom before gently putting her on the bed. I was so shaken with anger when I saw Laura was in distress from that man's touch. I was holding my anger as I knew that Laura would not like it if I set to kill that man tonight. Well, he had to wait.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked her as I put the covers on her fragile body. She was shaking so badly. I caressed her arms as she was still frightened by the attack. She shook her head as a no before she came at me with all forces that she had left.

She was shaking so badly when I held Laura into my arms. I wanted to knock that guy out. I was about to get some water when she pulled me tight.

"Don't go," Laura said as she was holding me close.

"Okay, okay. I won't. I tell Matteo to bring some water," I said as I held her close.

"Come on, let's get you to bed," I said as I tucked her in as I went inside the cover as well.

The sunlight came into our bedroom and my eyes squirmed as I tried to open it up. I searched for Laura beside me but I found out the bed was empty. I was looking around the bedroom to see there was no sign of her.

I got up from the bed and went into the closet, but nothing. I went into the bathroom and she was not there. I was frustrated as she was so shaken up last night that I don't know if she was alright this morning. I was about to reach for my phone and call for her when Laura emerged from the door.

"Oh, you woke up already," she said happily. I looked at her and she was carrying the breakfast into the bedroom.

"Want some breakfast?" She said as she was heading toward the coffee table in the sofa area. She put the tray down. There were bacon, French toast, scrambled eggs, and some orange juice. My nostrils just picked up those smells and my stomach grumbled. I blushed because Laura caught the sound.