Chapter 32

Laura Conti's POV

We were so sad that the weekend has to come to an end as I need to get back to school and Lucca was needed immediately at his company. I was so happy that we finally opened up to each other but I did not yet tell about the expedition that I needed to be done before my research in Albania.

We were driving home, and if I meant 'we', I meant Lucca alone because he wanted to go by car after all. Don't want to ruin our honeymoon, as he put it. The drive home was the same with almost 3 hours to get to Milan.

Lucca was as focused on the road as I was on the scenery. We would listen to music and just enjoy the moment without talking to each other that often. Sometimes, Lucca would just graze my thigh or take my hand into his before kissing them and putting them on his lap.

It was almost afternoon when we arrived at our home. Yeah, I called it ours since we established our love for each other. What's belonged to Lucca now belonged to me, as he put it. Again, Lucca's idea, not mine.

"Dolcezza, we're here. Wake up," Lucca whispered at me as I was sleeping in the passenger's seat.

"Hmm," I said as he kissed my cheek. I moved my face to be face-to-face with him and pouted my lips. I just gestured that I hoped he understood what I wanted. He chuckled.

"Now, dolcezza. You want me to kiss you after all that saliva pouring out of your mouth," he whispered seductively.

"What!" I instantly opened my eyes and my hands flew toward my mouth as I was checking for the said saliva. Lucca just looked at me with my sudden movement and laughed afterward.

"That's not funny," I said sulking. Lucca just chuckled before he kissed me on the lips briefly. I wanted it to last, but it can wait.

"Come on, sulky. We're home. You might want to take a shower before trying to seduce me after all," he said getting out of the car and opening my door. I glared at him murderously before he just surrendered his hands as a sign of defeat.

I walked past him, without a care about whether I was getting my luggage or not. He's Lucca Giovanni, for Christ's sake. He can get it if I don't want to.

"Laura, wait," Lucca said as he came right behind me and held my hand. I turned sharply as I looked at him.

"I thought you don't want someone that was stinky like me," I said sarcastically.

"You know that's not what I mean," he said.

"Okay. Then, what do you mean?" I said defensively as I crossed my hands in front of my chest. I stood there, waiting for his explanation. He sighed.

"You must be tired with all that traveling and perhaps you want to rest before, you know, seduce me," he said innocently. I grunted before walking ahead of him.

"What do I say wrong?" He shouted in the garage as I walked through and left him in the basement. I was surprised to see that Lucca was already in the mansion.

"Okay, why are you so defensive today, Laura? I thought we were on the same page," he said as I walked into the bedroom and threw my purse onto the vanity mirror. I took off my earrings and my necklace before getting off my makeup and all the shit that I have been wearing all day.

"Laura, I won't understand if you don't talk to me," he pleaded as I was getting all of the shit that was stuffing me all day. I turned to look at him as I was barefaced and standing there without any accessories that I wore this morning.

"What do you think about me now?" I asked him. I looked at his slate orbs as he was accessing me from hair to the toes.

"Just the same," he said as I rolled my eyes at him.