Chapter 37

Laura Conti's POV

I got a text from Albert that made me stuck in the bathroom for hours and hours. We have gone back to Italy as it was Sunday. I was jet-lagged as I couldn't sleep right now. I got a text from Albert saying that I glowed and he asked me if I was pregnant.

My head spun at the word 'PREGNANT'. I mean, who wouldn't? It was like a huge stepping stone in a marriage and I don't think that I would be pregnant that early. I don't even get to know Lucca that very well yet.

"Laura, are you okay in there?" Lucca's voice rang through the door that snapped me out of my trace.

"Yeah, yeah. I just had diarrhea," I lied but why the fuck did I say diarrhea?!!

"Are you okay, amore? Do you want me to get some medicine?" He asked concern in his voice.

"No, I'm okay. I'll be out in a minute," I said as I tried to wait for my pregnancy test to give the result.

"Okay. If you need me, I'm in the study," he said before I replied okay as he departed from the bedroom.

"Come on, come on," I said as I looked at the test. The result made my blood run cold. I gulped as I blinked a few times. No, it can't be, no. will Lucca be happy? Am I happy?

So many questions were running through my head as I saw 2 lines that said positively. I was pregnant. I was pregnant. There was a living child in my stomach, the result of me and Lucca. Should I tell him or not? I was contemplating it as I just threw my test into the bin and got out of the bathroom to get dinner ready for us to eat today.

I sighed as I was thinking about the result. We haven't been married that long. It's only been 3 months since our wedding and when we consummated the union. I bit my lips as I went to the kitchen to get the ingredients for chicken cacciatore.

It was Lucca's favorite since I will be giving him the news tonight, might as well make his favorite dish.

I took out the chicken, onions, garlic, mushrooms, red and yellow bell pepper, red wine, spices, tomatoes, and other ingredients that I needed to get started. I got busy in the kitchen with occasional drinking water, since I can't drink alcohol anymore, it's not good for the baby.

I went to heat the pot and cook the ingredients. The smell was delish as I can smell it through my nostril. It was heaven. I set the table for two as I was sure Lucca would be coming anytime soon as he could smell this chicken cacciatore was ready. I turned off the heat and was transferring it to the plates before Lucca came into the kitchen.

"Smells good in here and I am sure it was not you, mi amore," he said as he kissed me on the lips before helping me carry the plates onto the table. He also took some wine glasses and wine from the cupboard and set them on the table. I put the fork, spoon, and knife on each side of the plate as Lucca was pouring down the wine into the glasses.

"Here you go," he said as he passed me the glass. I just took it as I already set another glass of water.

"You should not have outdone yourself. You're still jet lag," he said as he picked up the fork and the knife before starting to cut the chicken. I did the same as I cut it into small pieces.

"How was it?" I asked him as I wanted to know if I did it right or not. Lucca grabbed the chicken and put it into his mouth. He chewed it for a while as I bit my lips for his testimony.

"Was it good?" I asked, anxious to know what he thought about my cooking. His face was an indifferent expression as he was chewing the chicken.

"Come on, tell me. Was it good?" I asked as he was putting his hand on his lips.