kolmekymmentäviisi

"you enjoy it, i can tell"

MENTIONS OF «»

act three
chapter 'kolmekymmentäviisi' thirty-five

with the busy days and the starving nights, it was finally nearing the era of umk 2021. unfortunately for vasiliki, she's got other things to deal with. while the band can prance around in tampere starting new beginnings, she'll be stuck here for a while.

little progress had been made on the evidence, even with lawyers being flown in, it was hard to find anything on the case. this meant the unofficial court date was pushed further and further forward, nothing in sight for it to stop.

she was sure her father had everything planned out, little lies to steer away from the truth. she was worried about the outcome, what if her side couldn't find anything? they've got six witnesses, and only one has enough information to be of any use.

that wasn't the focus of the current scene though, the band had to get somewhere.

of course, she was just there to say goodbye and wish them luck. forcibly inviting herself in the residence where they were all crammed inside, she got a few words in before they left.

it was only now when they started to doubt themselves, which didn't seem like them at all. what has gotten into them? they've gotten this far, there's no backing out now.

she tried to reassure them that they'll do fine, plenty of words were thrown out with no ends. vasiliki didn't know what else to say, ending in a quiet trip.

"don't set the court date while we're away," joonas ruffled her hair, a few strands falling in front of her face.

"i don't think we can, even if i tried," she swatted his hand away, squinting her eyes from the impact.

the others had walked off, leaving olli and her alone. maybe it was intentional, maybe they just wanted to get a move on. whatever the case, he took the opportunity the minute he saw it.

for a while, she avoided his eyes, listening to the shuffling of bags around. she stood there, fiddling with her fingers in hopes of a chance to leave.

"have you changed your mind yet?" he spoke from behind her, not too close to her body. she didn't dare turn around, teeth-gritting to stop her from saying something stupid.

"no," her response was clear, direct. there shouldn't be any second guesses from her meaning.

the girl felt his chin rest on her shoulder, slightly digging in from the impact. she couldn't move from this touch. if she did, then she'd be stuck with something worse.

the weight was removed from her shoulder, but his lingering figure didn't disappear. "just think about it, dear," his voice whispered in her ear, facial hair slightly tickling her cheek. she tried her best to ignore the shiver creeping up her spine, but that was a hard task.