neljä

"fuck, i think i might freeze my ass off"

MENTIONS OF «»

act one
chapter 'neljä' four

she fiddled with her fingers, growing sweatier by the second. it should've been a relaxing trip, using those four hours to her advantage - to which she didn't. maybe she should've waited until the morning, or maybe her father would've caught her.

her slumber was never interrupted, as she never fell into one. she stared at the screen ahead of her, the black edges seeming to have more interest than the video.

it was a rather empty flight, with more flight attendants than passengers. as expected, she got the whole row for herself, not like it mattered. she even bought herself a ticket higher than economy class in hopes of treating herself, refreshed for the new chapter ahead.

she peered out the window, a light coloured rim around the edge. scattered lights were down below, each placed sparsely. some were flickering, reminding the girl of small fairies dancing in the dark, bodies twinkling with every twirl.

vasiliki was guessing she was around latvia at the current moment, seeing how long they were into the flight. being early spring, small snow patches were visible, some rising from obvious human interaction.

snow was a rare sight back in her home country. houses weren't built for that weather and the insulation was quite dreadful. yes, they had heating, but it was only to be let out by the thin walls. even then, heating would never be installed when the house is bought, meaning it had to be an extra expense.

not many had the need to, seeing as summer can easily get up to thirty-five degrees celsius. those days were lovely to go down to the beach, but she wasn't allowed to. how she always wanted to feel the sand beneath her feet, seething around them as her weight compacted some areas. the wind soothing the burning sensation on the skin from the sun, water droplets spraying her face from crashing waves on the rocks.

not like finland would provide the same level of beaches, but that shouldn't be the first concern of her situation.

"please fasten your seat belts, we will be landing soon."

a couple of clicks were heard behind, followed by her own. she took in a deep breath, turning off the obnoxious flashing lights from the screen. looking at herself, even in the poor reflection, she could see her bruise-like eyebags. at this rate, she'll get jet lag even in the same time zone.

the turbulence rose, making the plane slightly shake. the view outside the window was growing, the abhorrent fog was fading. the landscape was clearing, the airport now visible to the naked eye.

the wheels along the ground were deafening, waking any possible sleeping passengers. vasiliki's eyes trailed the lining of the seat in front of her, desperately waiting to get off.