kaksikymmentäviisi

"right, nice talk then"

MENTIONS OF «»

act three
chapter 'kaksikymmentäviisi' twenty-five

vasiliki hands were cramping from how hard she was holding the steering wheel. they were shaking from the strain, but that didn't bother her. she was frustrated, furious, and the only thing to let her anger out were tears.

she had been holding them in since the argument, refusing to let them out in front of olli. who knows how he'd react, but it wouldn't have been pleasant.

the girl slammed her front door, biting her cheek until it bled. the thing that got her the most was the comparison with kaylah. how dare he call that bitch better than her? and then go to say she was raised bad. she raised herself, it wasn't even an insult to her parents.

he didn't know.

'he didn't know' blah blah blah. who fucking cares? that wasn't the only thing he said. she tried to be nice to him, for a minute maybe, and then he ruined it for himself. vasiliki wasn't one to 'change someone for the better'. fuck that, who can be bothered with another so stuck in their ways?

you never gave him a chance.

a chance? there was no need for a chance. she had given him the benefit of the doubt before, and he blew it. he didn't give her a chance at her forgiveness. hell, she went over to apologise, she has tried, each attempt only failing as the last.

it was only when the boy came to her door that very same day. it was ridiculous. look who decided to show up. why should she even answer him? she has every right to shut the door right in his face, but no.

she decided to be the mature person.

was that the smart decision? maybe she can listen to what he has to say, if that was 'anything of importance' of course.

"what?" she asked, a staccato word with little emotion. how else was she supposed to greet him?

the bassist fidgeted with his shirt of a dark colour, so dark one couldn't even see the creases. he was clearly nervous. why? he brought this upon himself.

"i've come to apologise."

this seems familiar, doesn't it? who was to tell it won't end up like before, now the roles were reversed. maybe that was the cause, the one time he tried to be nice, and she messed it up.

"well, i won't be saying the same thing you did when i tried this."

learn from others mistakes. unlike him, she was willing to hear him out. no sarcastic comments on the side, no extra person appearing from nowhere.

he only chuckled at this statement, but it came out more apprehensive than wanted. did he really think she'd continue to be a bitch to him? he had ruined the mood, decreased her joking side. maybe she was too sarcastic for her own good, some thinking her jests were serious. her tone could be questionable sometimes, especially if you hadn't known her for a while.