kaksikymmentäkuusi

"who's this poet?"

"who's this poet?"

MENTIONS OF «»

act three
chapter 'kaksikymmentäkuusi' twenty-six

vasiliki walked into the room. another birthday already? and there was still one more next week. who says she'll go to his anyways?

she ignored everyone else, for the time being, walking up to the now twenty-three-year-old.

"happy birthday little man," she expressed, messing up his already disorganised hair. she gave him a hug straight after, leaning her head on his shoulder.

of course, this was just another excuse for everyone to get drunk. vasiliki doesn't understand how they can do this so often. they clearly feel horrible the day after, but then choose to repeat the cycle.

"thanks, vi," he projected a smile towards her, returning the hug.

after the clanks of their glasses echoed throughout the place, the night had finally begun. laughs and chatters filled the room, some conversations escalating further than needed.

the best part was, she didn't have to worry about kaylah tonight. what a relaxing time, there was no chance of it being a repeat of the blonds birthdays.

speaking of that day, olli hadn't talked to her since. if you exclude the times when she was with others, but he still never directly spoke to her. was it really joonas who sent him around? it would make sense, considering his performance around her now. he could've ignored the request though, heading home instead. there was no proof he did go to her house in the end, and she was never asked.

"how are you?" she inquired, in a loud enough dynamic so he could hear. it turned out to be a mistake though, the boy never responding. what had she done? why was he refusing to talk to her? "i'm doing fine too, thanks for asking," she responded unnecessarily, but felt it fit the mood.

she was slightly mad at him, maybe more than a little, and wanted to express that. the girl didn't storm off surprisingly, wondering if he'd finally talk to her or not.

he didn't, and in fact, he was the one that left her. walking off with a small strut, he seemed overly confident in himself. back to his old self it seems, but there was a time and place for that.

what was going on with him? he shouldn't be drunk yet, it had only been ten minutes since his first sip.

after a couple of hours, the bassist hadn't spoken a word to her since, not even a glance. is this what he does? does some dramatic apology only to give her the cold shoulder.

if that was the case, then so be it. why should vasiliki care? he was that up himself, then she shouldn't worry about his actions. it was easier said than done though, seeing as she was around him an awful lot.