Chapter 33: Epilogue II - Love Finds A Way

Present Day

For the first time since his confrontation with Nettes at the academy, Dash was finally able to relax. He and Demetria sat in the guest room of the Wheel Well – reminiscing. Demetria was running through some therapy for Dash; who was still quite brittle after faking his death.

"Thank you for helping me, Deme. I'm really grateful for all of it!" Dash thanked as Demetria held his tire through some therapeutic exercises.

"Not a problem, Dash. Thank you for returning to me after I thought I had lost you!" Demetria chuckled as they continued. "You've been pushing yourself non-stop since you got here! You're lucky that we started these exercises in time!"

"Yeah... I'm really sorry I left it this late. I thought I was okay the whole time!" Dash giggled and sighed. "I should have been honest, I'm sorry."

"Look, it's fine – you're here now... I'm helping you now." Demetria said as they stopped for a second and rested.

"Hey, look... can I take you down to town tonight?" Dash asked rather oddly.

"Huh? Of course, Dash! Why would you even ask?" Demetria smiled and returned him a confused expression.

"I just thought that... with all this therapy you've been helping me with... I needed to repay you!" Dash chuckled.

"Alright... what's going on?" Demetria asked, taking the hint.

"Nothing! I feel so bad because you've done so much for me!" Dash defended.

"Ok, smarty tires... let's go out tonight. Let me have a nap first, okay? You can organize whatever you need to while I'm there." Demetria winked before she essentially kicked Dash out of the guest room.

"Hey! Rude..." Dash chuckled playfully before Demetria closed the doors, winking once again.

Dash went into the kitchen downstairs and sat with the McQueens – who were making a smorgasbord.

"...is it all going to plan?" Lightning asked without even looking at Dash.

"Yup... she's off to her nap," Dash assured.

"Sweet... so, what's this big surprise of yours, anyway?" Sally asked.

Dash stayed silent – pulling out a golden number plate.

The McQueens gasped – wide-eyed – as Dash smirked at them.

"I'm going to propose to her in town... tonight... under the stars." Dash quietly assured.

"Oh, my Manufacturer... that's perfect!" Sally gasped, shedding a few tears.

"She is going to freak." Lightning smirked at Dash.

"Let's get this stuff down to town before she wakes up!" Sally rushed as she gestured to Lightning and Dash to quietly pack the smorgasbord into their trailer.

They all scrambled as quietly as they could and took the trailer down to the town – luckily, without Demetria waking up.

As the three of them rolled into town a short while after – they were greeted by a few familiar faces.

"Boltarius! It's so good to see you!" Rush exclaimed.

Dash stopped and looked to the McQueens – pulling them aside for a moment.

"Why is he here?" Dash gestured quietly.

"He came to your funeral. He really wanted to make it up to you... he threw away his sponsorship just to be here." Sally affirmed.