Chapter 7: The Academy Days - Part 2

The racers were now beginning to round the track with the pace car out front – controlling the chaos that was about to ensue. The umpire's starting flag began to wave – as students began roaring around the track. Roy was already beginning to make his way to the front of the pack – impressing some of the students there.

"Whoa! Look at that guy go!" Delilah commented.

Andy looked at the ground in worry once again. Maybe he wasn't going to carry the team as much as he'd hoped.

"How's Boltarius' face back there, girls? Is he fuming?" Roy taunted over the radio.

"Just focus, will 'ya?!" Delilah retorted.

El looked over to Andy; who was still visibly worried.

"Andy, is everything alright?" El asked.

"It's just... I don't know if I can handle all this pressure." Andy sighed, avoiding eye contact.

"Ha! I knew he'd crumble!" Roy taunted once again over the radio.

"Focus... and enough with the insulting, LaStringer!" the team captain chimed in.

"Fine." Roy scoffed. "I guess I got half my race to go to show these students how it's done." he subsequently turned off his radio.

"LaStringer? ... LaStringer?!" the team captain said, turning to face the girls; "I think he's turned off his radio."

"Yeah... he'll do that." El scoffed, chuckling shortly after.

Before long, Roy's quarter of the race was over as Delilah began readying up. Roy rolled into the pits and let the crew team change Delilah's tires, ready for her turn. As soon as he arrived, she screeched away and flew onto the track.

"C'mon girl, let's go get some!" Eleanor cheered as Delilah raced around the track in another steady lead.

"This is so much fun! Let's do this more!" Delilah exclaimed over the crew radio.

Roy finished changing back into his regular tires and drove up to Andy; all hyped up from his run still.

"Ooh! There's no way you'll be touching those times, Boltarius!" Roy arrogantly quipped, preening himself out of slight narcissism.

"We're down to earth today, aren't we?" Andy observed.

"Down to earth? Baby, I'm high in the sky compared to you!" Roy quipped once again.

"Looks like you missed the joke..." Andy chuckled to himself, shaking his hood.

"Huh? Roy LaStringer doesn't miss a thing!" Roy retorted.

"Look! It's the principal – act natural!" Andy gestured behind Roy.

Roy jumped around; only to be met by the confused gazes of other students. He turned back around to Andy who began to cackle.

"Oh, man – this is perfect!" Andy observed.

"Real mature, Boltarius." Roy shook his hood.

Del had also kept her steady lead for her quarter of the race as Eleanor began to warm herself up for her quarter.

"Good luck, Eleanor. Go get 'em!" Andy wished her luck. She gave him a warm smile in return.

"Thanks, Andy. I needed that." Eleanor smiled some more as Delilah arrived, signaling her to go for gold as well.

"Let's go, Ellie, let's go!" Delilah exclaimed over the team radio.