Chapter 4: Boltarius. Dash Boltarius

10 Years Later

"Feel the wheels on the open road, Dash - no, I don't like that." Andy thought.

He was brainstorming to himself, coming up with a catchphrase for his first Piston Cup race of the season.

"The Dash to Victory... I actually quite like that one." he thought to himself.

"Alright, kid - you ready? The first race of the season is right outside the door... Game face!" a familiar voice came through the windows.

"Ready as I'll ever be, Dan," Andy answered to Dan, his trailer-chief-in-command. The trailer door opened to the deafening roar and allure of the Piston Cup crowd.

"Wow! That crowd is insane!" Andy gasped in amazement.

"Sure is, kid. Hey, what was your name anyway? I mean... your racing name?" Dan asked.

"Oh... my name is Dash... Dash Boltarius." Andy hesitantly answered.

"Alright, Dash. Give 'em hell. I'll see you in the pits!" Dan commented.

"Dash... ha! What a poser." a voice yelled from behind Dash.

"You come up with a better name, then..." Dash taunted.

"I already have... and it's Rush!" Rush replied.

"Rush... and you call me a poser?!" Dash chuckled, looking behind him at his teammate.

The two racers rolled out of the trailer - the roar of the crowd growing louder and louder.

"I gotta say... How cool is this place?!" Rush commented.

"How cool is it to run in the Piston Cup together?" Dash replied ecstatically as he saw many familiar famous racing faces.

"Look, there's Bobby Swift and Brick Yardley! They're here too?!" Rush couldn't believe his eyes.

"That's so cool - but they aren't the only famous ones here." Dash slyly commented as he nudged Rush; pointing towards Cruz Ramirez and her partner, Cal Weathers.

"Dude, it's Cruz Ramirez! And Cal Weathers, son of the racing legend himself Strip Weathers!" Dash mentioned in amazement.

"If Cruz is here - that could only mean..." Rush hoped as both he and Dash looked in amazement as to who her Crew Chief was.

"IT'S LIGHTNING MCQUEEN! OH, MY MANUFACTURER, IT'S HIM!" Dash yelled to himself, catching Lightning's attention.

"Well, well - if it isn't the Academy's two best students!" Lightning drove up to them as they both stared, wide-eyed.

"Race start in 30 minutes." A voice echoed around the track speakers.

"Where did Stickers go?" Sally asked Cruz as she pointed to Lightning at the other end of the pits with Dash and Rush visibly fanboying.

"I have been your biggest fan since I saw Cruz run her very first race over a decade ago!" Dash revealed as Lightning gave him a look.

"Why, thank you, kid. Or should I say, Dash?" Lightning quipped as Sally pulled up next to him.

"He knows my name, HE KNOWS MY NAME!" Dash half-jokingly, half-arrogantly imitated one of Rust-Eze's most notorious clients - Fred - causing Rush to laugh.

"Don't joke about Fred like that, guys. He's a racing fan, after all!" Lightning reminded.

"Him? No offense, but he couldn't race to save his life!" Dash blurted out, causing Rush to cackle once again.