Chapter 31: Through Heartache Comes the Honour

Sally and Demetria sat at Flo's café for a brief moment; alone. Nobody else was present.

"That really was a beautiful ceremony, Sally. Thank you." Demetria thanked, beginning to calm down.

"Not a problem. I know you and Dash were close. I'm so sorry – again." Sally comforted.

"It's okay. I think it will be all okay. I got to experience it all... love. I savored every waking moment I had with him." Demetria smiled bittersweetly.

"Lightning and I got you something. Come with me..." Sally escorted Demetria back to the operation room.

They arrived back at the room. As they rolled in, Demetria stayed back in awe.

"We commissioned this piece just for you – so that you can always remember him." Sally put a tire on Demetria's rear.

"Oh, Sally... it's so beautiful." Demetria teared up a little.

The painting pictured the two lovebirds driving next to each other near the waterfall by the Wheel Well – looking as happy as could possibly be.

"It's so beautiful! I'm going to treasure this forever." Demetria stared silently at the painting some more in admiration.

"I hope you two can be reunited again – in one form or another." Sally smiled and comforted Demetria some more.

Demetria broke down into tears once again, nudging Sally for emotional support.

"I can't believe he's gone. My angel, my savior – my life... gone." Demetria cried some more.

"Hey, we all miss him. Things are going to be okay. He's your guardian angel now." Sally nudged against her deeper.

"We didn't have enough memories. I wanted to have a full life with him!" Demetria kept crying, which turned into a full-blown bawl.

"How can the one be taken so quickly?! I knew it was too good to be true – I never deserved anyone that pure of heart!" Demetria continued bawling, even throwing some of her utensils on the floor in stress.

"Hey, hey... You've always deserved someone like Dash. Heck, you worked harder here than almost any of us have. You're a doctor! You're the best example of being 'worthy' for someone like Dash!" Sally comforted.

Demetria stopped her bawling and sniffled a little bit, clearing her throat and taking a few deep breaths.

"I'm thankful that he died rectifying his one true tragedy in life. He sacrificed himself to save millions of lives under that devil car's tyranny!" Demetria slammed her tire to the ground in disgust at the thought of Nettes.

Demetria cheered up slightly, grinning at Sally.

"C'mon... let's go see everyone else. We should all feel what you're feeling today. You're not alone and you never will be!" Sally continued to comfort her as she invited her to come with.

Demetria straightened herself up and rolled out of the operating room.

-----

Everyone else was gathered at Flo's following the ceremony. Sally and Demetria finally joined them after their little chat.

"Once again, Deme; I'm so very sorry about Dash... I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like." Flo comforted her.

"Thanks a lot, Flo. I really appreciate your kind words. He died doing exactly what I thought he would – sacrificing himself for the greater good. There won't ever be a better car for me – ever. He was the pinnacle." Demetria sniffled.