Chapter 14: Serving the Sentence - Day 5: Curiosities Arise

Akin to the previous morning, Lightning and Sally burst in.

This time, it was on Dash and Demetria; waking them up.

"Morning! Well... what do we have here?" Lightning stumbled in on the two lovebirds snuggling rather close. "I take it you two are official."

The two leaped away from each other out of embarrassment.

"Oh! No, we're not. It was just cold last night." Dash began making excuses.

"Yeah! It was really cold last night." Demetria chimed in.

"Well, I hate to burst your bubbles... but Dash has to get to work. He's still serving a sentence, you know? You're working at the curios today!" Sally smiled as Dash looked on in sorrow.

"Really? Do we ever get any customers in the curios?" Dash rather rudely quipped.

"Now, don't be so disrespectful!" Sally advised.

"...or you could land an extended sentence. Just saying." Lightning chimed in, looking at Sally for approval.

"Indeed. I'll make it official if I have to." Sally confirmed.

"No – please, no! I'll do it!" Dash panicked as Demetria looked on with concern.

"I should really go back to the operating room," Demetria said as she started to leave.

"Hold up, there. Would you want to work with him in the curios today?" Sally asked.

Demetria looked on deep in thought while Dash's ears perked up.

"She's allowed to do that? Don't we need a doctor here?" Dash asked.

"Well... I may have booked one to work today in advance..." Sally grinned as both Demetria and Dash started to smile at each other.

"Really? How did you manage that?" Demetria asked, looking back toward Sally.

"I have contacts," Sally mentioned.

Meanwhile, the night before...

Sally was on the phone with a staff member of the Carburetor County hospital.

"Sorry, we're a small town and we really need a doctor to come and help us," Sally asked.

"Ma'am, we don't just give doctors out..." the employee said.

Sally sighed to herself and began to chuckle, hatching a bit of a plan...

"Oh. What's this? Lightning McQueen wants to speak with you." she chuckled, signaling a dumbfounded Lightning over to her.

"What's this?" Lightning asked.

"Just play along," Sally whispered to him, turning her attention back to the employee...

"THE LIGHTNING MCQUEEN?! Screw it, we'll have a doctor over in an hour or so. Keep them as long as you want." the employee changed their mind suddenly.

"Oh. Excellent! Thank you very much. I look forward to seeing them. Anyway, here's Lightning." Sally smirked as she gave the phone to Lightning.

"What the heck do I say?!" Lightning whispered to Sally.

"I dunno! Wing it, Stickers." Sally shrugged and rolled off to their room.

"Uh... hello?" Lightning answered...

Back to the present day

"...we're always on the ball, huh?" Lightning whispered to Sally.