"yeah, i am, sillie." derek nodded. "i'm thinking it very through. that they need someone. they deserve better lives."

she just shook her head. "i gotta get back to work." she stood, going to head through the doors.

"sillie, wait!" derek called.

she huffed. "what?"

"do you want to do something?"

sillie furrowed her eyebrows. "do what?"

"anything you want. wherever. together. us," derek explained.

sillie turned around, giving him a look. "are you asking me out on a date?"

he nodded. "yes."

she gawped before laughing in disbelief. "are-are you kidding me? you haven't made anything up to me yet. you haven't proven anything yet. all you've done is say sorry and that's it. what, you thought cause we got tortured together or whatever that everything's fine?"

derek tried to think of what to say.

"or- no. did you think because you're a-a-a big, bad alpha man now that i'd come running back to you without any thought?" sillie raised an eyebrow. "cause that's not how it works, derek. you have to work for us to even try anything after what you did."

"i have tried!" derek defended. "you just don't listen to a thing i say!"

"and why do you think that is?!" sillie raised her voice. "why do you think i don't like hearing your voice, why i don't like being near you, why i want nothing to do with you but have to tolerate you because of scott!"

"i know!" he insisted. "i know you hate me, sillie, and you have every right! but i'm trying, you just won't let me!"

"cause i needed you and you just left me!" she snapped, her voice breaking. "god, derek! why must you always start an argument when i'm just trying to be calm?! what happens if i let you try and then you just leave again, like everyone else!"

"i start the arguments?! all you do is yell at me all the time! and i'm not going to put your through that again!" 

"how am i supposed to know that after it's happened twice!"

"i don't know, ok?!"

there was a long moment of silence, the only noise being cars driving on the road.

"i don't know," derek repeated, this time more softly. "but i want to try. i just need you to let me try, sillie. to give this shit a chance. give me another chance and i promise you, you won't regret it. i'm not gonna hurt you again. i'm not going to leave."

sillie put her palms over her eyes, chuckling to hide her real feelings. she paused, taking a moment. "i'll... think about it." she checked her watch. "i have to go, derek." she walked away, leaving him there.

she went to the bathroom and leaned against the stall door, trying to hold back the tears. she took a shaky breath, crying quietly with her head in her hands.

≡≡≡

"sillie!" stiles ran into the house. "i'm going on a date!"

she gaped, rushing out of her room and down the stairs. "you're what?!"

he made a face. "i mean, it's not really a date. scott and allison are going together and so are me and lydia. but it's technically a date. so. yay me!"

sillie smiled. "have fun. where are you guys going?"

"ice rink."

"bring an extra hoodie or something, you might get cold. or lydia." sillie gave him a smirk.