Chapter Twenty-two

I can't believe this is happening.

Nian is here! Nian is in front of me and she's not joking. She's... she's beautiful, really.

The notebook proves that she's Nian.

How come this unexplainable event happened today? No need to pinch or slap myself to be sure if I'm dreaming or not. Parang nabugbog na ang katawan ko dahil sa babaeng ito kanina. Amazona nga.

The first thing I noticed about her appearance is her greyish-blue eyes. Nakakaakit titigan and at the same time nakakatakot tingnan. Parang mahihipnotismo ka na lang dahil sa kakaiba nitong kulay. 

What am I saying? Geez. I'm insane.

"Hoy! Don't tell me, binasa mo 'to?" The way she asked, halatang inis na inis.

"Yeah."

"How dare you!?" She's furious. Grabe pala 'tong magalit. Nananakit. "Sa 'yo ba 'to? Sa 'yo!?" She hit me for the nth time and this time with the notebook that she's holding. Nakakarami na siya ah.

"H-Hey! What a cruel kid!"

"Kanina ka pa ha! Hindi na nga ako bata! I'm already fifteen. Asshole!" I pushed her but not that hard.

"Still a kid for me."

Pfft. She's so funny. Mukha naman talaga siyang bata. I think she's around fifteen or sixteen.

"Kuya! Come on." Kanina pa akong kinukulit ni Deinah na pumunta sa baba kaya kahit gusto ko pang makausap si Nian, sumunod na lang muna ako rito.

I don't know what to feel while looking at them wearing a party hat. Even the old man was wearing one. Lumapit ako kay Deinah at tinakpan ang tainga nito.

"What kind of bullshit is this?"

"Jon---" hindi ko pinatapos si Ate. I don't want to hear her sermon today. Not today.

"No need for this party shit." Sobrang sama na ng tingin ng aking ama pero wala akong pakialam. "What? It's my fucking day! I can decide what I want to do. Leave me alone."

"Kuya. Kuya. Kuya Jon." Sinundan ako ni Deinah paakyat sa second floor. "Wait kuya."

She entered her room and I waited for her. I kneeled in front of my sister. May binigay ito sa aking papel. "Thank you."

"Don't you want to party, kuya? There's a lot of food!"

"Kuya, wants to be alone for now." Ginulo-gulo ko ang buhok niya.

"Okay."

I entered my room and I felt that Nian was following me.

"Hoy---"

"Leave me alone." Pinangunahan ko na siya.

"Birthday mo?"

"None of your business."

"Happy birth---"

"No need to greet me. We're just strangers."

"Sungit. Anong date ngayon?"

"Don't you have a calendar?"

To be honest, I don't want to talk to her like this. I'm not just in the mood. Nataon lang talaga na sa kanya ko naiibunton ang pagkaasar ko.

There's a two years gap in our timeline. Anong kalokohan 'to?

"You're just the former owner." Kanina pa namin 'tong pinagtataluhan.

"Eh ano ngayon? Nauna pa rin ako kaya shoo. Lumipat ka sa ibang kwarto. I don't want a guy here." Sumasakit ang ulo ko sa batang 'to.

"As if I want you here." I scoffed. "Besides, you're the one who should leave this room. 'Di ba dalawa lang kayo ng unggoy mong kapatid?" I asked without hesitation. Wala naman siyang ibang binanggit na kapatid maliban doon sa unggoy.