20. Pretty & Rich ♪

Start from the beginning

"You're joking," Aurora rolled her eyes. "Stop playing with my emotions like that Mikey."

"I'm not playing. Christine," he called over to one of the staff members. "There's a box on my desk with a tag labeled 'Aurora Robinson'. Do you mind going to get it for me?"

"No problem," Christine nodded her head before disappearing to the back.

"You always get me right Michael. This is why I can always count on you."

"Anything for you Roro," he nudged her shoulder.

Diamant just stood there, in complete shock that they knew each other, let alone knew each other this well.

"Come by the restaurant anytime babe. If I'm not there, just ask for Wyatt, and he'll take care of you."

"Oooh, and how exactly will he be taking care of me?" Michael asked in a very suggestive tone.

"Don't be nasty. Wyatt is a good boy."

"I like good boys," he smirked. "Cause they can be bad when you need them too."

"I think we were talking about shoes? If I'm not mistaken?" Aurora completely dismissed his very inappropriate comment.

"Oh, right," he placed his hand over his chest, laughing like he forgot he was in fact at work for a second. "Shoes."

"I'm not saying I'm not enjoying hanging out with you, because I am. But why'd you invite me here?" Aurora asked from where she was standing in a mirror, trying on different styles of sunglasses.

"We're actually celebrating," Diamant said as she pulled a bright red pump onto her right foot.

"Celebrating? Celebrating what exactly?" Aurora was confused.

"I got the house," Diamant stood up and started walking back and forth in the heels to see just how comfortable they were. "It's in Malibu. It overlooks the ocean, and it's... it's so perfect," Diamant had a smile on her face from ear to ear.

"The one I went to tour with you?" Aurora's eyes lit up now, because the house was absolutely breathtaking.

"Mmhm."

"Oh my God," Aurora squealed. "Bitch! Congratulations Dia," she pulled the girl into a very unexpected hug, almost knocking her over in the six inch heels she was wearing.

"Okay," Diamant laughed at Aurora's reaction. "You more excited than I was when my realtor called me."

"Becauseeee," Aurora playfully pushed her. "This gonna be your first time living on your own. You're really growing up now, and I'm happy for you."

"Thank you," Diamant couldn't help but blush.

This really would be her first time alone. She went from a cramped apartment with her mom, sister, and two brothers, to a small two bedroom apartment with Electra when they first moved to California, to a shared townhouse together, to living with Jamal when they got serious. She's one of the most successful hip hop artists in the world, but has never been fully indépendant and on her own before. And as much as it scared her, she was excited to take that next step for herself.