Prologue Chapter 5

Dwarfs' Mine - Silent Woods

        When the light faded, they weren't in NRC anymore, they were now standing outside in the woods. The trees were either big and thick or small and thin with vines growing around them, there were some tree stumps here and there that were from the bigger trees. From the distance there was what seems to be a small cottage on the other side of the stream, from far it looked pretty decent but from up close it was really old.

"So this is Dwarfs' Mine..." Deuce said, looking around. "It used to be prosperous, thanks to magic crystal mining but.."

Grim hold a tight grip on Hibiki as he was shaking from head to toe. "Uuuuhhhh.. Feels like something could jump out..."

"Grim, please don't say that..." Hibiki said, shivering a little, not liking the ominous feeling she is having.

"Oh, there's a house back there. Let's go ask them about the mine." Ace said, pointing at the cottage ahead and headed towards it with the others following.

Dwarfs' Mine - Small Cottage

        When they made it to the cottage it was really old as if nobody lived here for years. It was covered in moss all over from the room to the walls on all sides as was the bridge that was over the stream. Dust was covering the windows, making it hard to see what it looked on the inside and some spider webs were scattered. The bushes and grass were a bit overgrown, so the group had to be careful where they stepped.

Deuce, being a polite man as he is, knocks on the door before entering. "Good evening.. I guess it's abandoned.. It's a mess in here."

He was right, it was a total mess. It was almost like the Ramshackle Dorm: spider webs were here more than the outside, dust was everywhere that would make a person sneeze just standing in it.

"It looks to be so." Hibiki said, covering her nose and mouth with her sleeve so that she wouldn't sneeze. "I wonder how long it has been since someone lived here?"

"Puwah! I got a spider web in my face.." Grim shouted, whipping his face trying to get the spider webs off his face as some got in his mouth. "Peh! Peh!"

"Aren't the tables and chairs on the small side? Are they for kids?" Ace said as he started counting them. "One, two... There's seven! So many!" he then turned to Hibiki and grinned. "Hey Hibiki, it seems like you're the right size for these chairs."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hibiki said with her hands on her hips.

"I'm just saying that you might have trouble getting on the chairs in the Dorm you're living in right now." he said and placed his hand on one of the chairs. "Guessing that you might want these."

"I do not!" she shouted in anger.

"Then why did you have trouble getting on the sofa chair last night?" Grim said with a deadpan look on his face as he remembered when Hibiki tried to get on the chair, that seemed to be a bit big for both of them to fit in, by climbing it but was struggling at the same time.

"I-it was still dusty..." Hibiki said, stuttering a bit and looked away.

"You cleaned it..." Grim answered back.

"Geh!"

"Pfft! Hahahahaha!" Ace laughed, holding his gut. "Oh man, you couldn't get on a sofa chair! Hahahahahaha!!!!!!"

"Shut up! It's hard for some people!!" Hibiki shouted at him.

"For kids, most likely!" Ace said as he still laughed.

"Guys that's enough." Deuce cuts in after looking around. "This was probably a lively home when Dwarfs' Mine flourished."

"They......they did what they had to. After all, magic crystals are found inside coal." Ace said, taking a breather after laughing while Hibiki was still pouting. "For now, let's go check it out."