The Rebel of the Savanna: Chapter 1

It was night time and everyone was asleep, waiting for the next day to arrive. In the Ramshackle Dorm, Hibiki was asleep in her bed with Grim, snuggling in the covers as the Koyubis were sleeping together in a pile, the Chuchu Bats were hanging up-side down on the ceiling, the Jellycats were in their giant fishbowl, and Nova was curled up at the foot of the bed.

All of them were sound asleep after a long day in the Heartslabyul Dorm. Hibiki took a lot of pictures with the Ghost Camera of the party and placed them in a photo album that Garnet found that was in good condition, and safely laid on top of the nightstand. Everything was quiet, as the sound of sleep was heard. Next thing that happened, the mirror began to glow again for the fourth time as the keyhole mark appeared on Hibiki's forehead, and everything went quiet.

Tick.....Tock

Tick....Tock

Tick...Tock

Hibiki was still softly asleep, her body was still from movement and shifted a bit from time to time to get comfortable. She groaned a little when she felt her nose twitched, making her scratch it a little before relaxing again. But it didn't set when she felt her hair move as the sound of the wind ran past through her ears.

"I can hear the sound of the wind." Hibiki muttered as she slowly opened her eyes a bit.

To her surprise, she wasn't in her bedroom anymore nor in the Maze Garden like last time. This time it was different, it was way more open: it was a Savanna. The sun was slowly rising up, greeting the new day waking up the animals that were living here. Hibiki slowly got up as she looked around, the wind was still gently blowing, whispering in her ear, as if she could hear someone telling her to follow them to the direction where they wanted her to go. She heard multiple footsteps heading in the same direction to where the wind was guiding, and to her view she saw lots of different kinds of animals, walking in the same direction.

To her curiosity, she followed the herd of animals to the destination. As she came close to them, they didn't seem to notice her at all, but to her surprise she was able to touch them, feeling their fur/feathers/etc on some of the animals that they didn't feel a thing. Getting an idea, Hibiki rushed over to one of the elephants and hopped on one of the tusks to sit on for a ride on the way.

Soon all the animals came to a stop, making Hibiki wonder why they stopped. When she looked up, she saw that they had stopped at a specific spot that was a giant rock that looked like it could reach the heavens. An African red-billed hornbill flew by to the mountain as a lion walked on it with it's mate and a mandrill following behind, carrying something in its arms.

The mandrill walked over to the ledge and lifted something that was in its hands in the air for all to see that was in color, which was a baby lion cub. The sunlight, that was also in color, shone down upon the baby cub. All of the animals began to cry out in cheer, making Hibiki jump and hold onto the elephant's truck as it rose up and stomped the ground, shaking the earth below it and making the birds fly off the trees. Hibiki looked back up to see the baby cub again in amazement as it looked down at all the animals with a questionable look on its face. She wanted to know what happened next, but everything began to blur and fade to black as Hibiki began to lose consciousness.

Ding.....Dong

Ding....Dong

Ding...Dong

Ramshackle Dorm - Hibiki's Bedroom

Waking up with a quiet groan, Hibiki opened her eyes as she slowly sat up and rubbed her tired eyes. She moved some of her hair away from her face as it was messy due to her moving in her sleep.