The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 2

Hall of Mirrors

         The group finally made it to the Hall of Mirrors and came upon one that goes to their dorm. The first time, Hibiki didn't get a good look at this room cause of the chase of certain two people that wanting to escape the mess that they had made. She looked at the mirror in front of her with a questionable gaze, as if she saw this somewhere but shook it off and followed the boys through the mirror, transporting them to a different area.

Heartslabyul Dorm

         As the blinding light vanished, they opened their eye to a marvelous looking building, leaving Grim and Hibiki a gasp at the sight. The building looked like a castle, the color scheme was red, black, and white; heart-shaped rose bushes were lined up in a line on the side of the pathway, at the center there was a small water fountain. On the side you can see the Rose Maze garden where more rose bushes were scattered around.

"Whoa~! This is super fancy!" Grim said astonished by the sight. "It's completely different from our dorm!"

"Our dorm is still in development!" Hibiki said, pinching Grim's cheek, much to his dislike. "Comparing's gonna make me sad, so stop it."

Heartslabyul Dorm - Rose Maze

         They went into the Rose Maze to look for someone to talk to, if they knew where the Dorm Leader was. The Rose Maze was big and beautiful to look at. Scattered around were heart-shaped rose bushes, some had white roses while others had red roses. Though next to the red rose bushes were cans of red paint and paint splatters scattered around them. Hibiki tilted her head a bit with a questionable look on her face as she looked around, Garnet got close to one of the red rose bushes and took one of the roses and ate it, only for her to cough it up with a look of disgust on her face. With a hateful hiss at the red roses, she then headed to the one with the white roses and ate one, with no signs of disgust she jumped again to eat another one.

"Oh, no. I gotta hurry and paint these roses red." a males voice was heard, catching the groups attention.

"Oh, someone's over there." Grim said pointing at the person.

"Hm?" Hibiki glanced over, after getting a hold of Garnet, who was holding a white rose in her mouth, and saw a boy painting the white roses red with his magic. He has orange hair, the top portion tied back into a ponytail while the rest hangs straight. His eyes are green. Under his right eye, he has a small red patch shaped like a diamond. He wears a white shirt, with a red diamond patterned vest covering it. Over the vest he wears a blazer that the others in his dorm wear. He wears a black and yellow ribbon around his waist, and red and white high tops. He also wears white trousers.

"Whoa there~" the guy sighed out, wiping his forehead. "If there are some left unpainted, it's off with my head."

"I feel like I've seen this scenery somewhere..." Hibiki muttered quietly, so that none of them could hear her. "Is this what they call déjà vu?"

"Hm?"the guy finally took notice of the group and walked towards them. "Did you guys need something?"

"What're you doin'?" Ace asked him.

"This?" he said looking at the roses and looked back at them with a smile. "As you can see, I'm painting the roses red."

"Eh!? Why do such a thing?" Deuce asked as they were taken back at the guy's statement.

"Hm~ Your reactions are so fresh it's kinda cute~!" the guy smiled at them, not answering Deuce's question. "Now that I look at you closely, you guys are the freshies who totally wrecked the 10mil chandelier and caused a ruckus yesterday."

"I feel like they won't let that chandelier thing go until we graduate..." Ace sighed out as the group hung their heads low in embarrassment.

"And you're the super sinful kid who stole the Prefect's tart!" the guy said, putting Ace in a shock. "I'm so lucky to meet the rumored freshies so early in the morning~♪ Hey, hey~! Let's take a pic together! Yay~!" he pulled out his phone and looked at them with a smile, and took a picture, leaving them surprised. "Hey, can I upload this? I wanna put hashtags so tell me your name. Even those little creatures you got there."

"I'm Deuce Spade."

"Ace."

"I'm Grim and that's my follower Hibiki-- OW!!!" Grim said but then yelped in pain when Hibiki pulled on his cheek with an unhappy look on her face. "Friend! I mean friend!!"

"And this is Garnet, the one on my hat is Cocoa, and the ones in their bottles are Orange, Gem, Cherry and Iggy." Hibiki said, introducing the creatures as they greeted him.

"Alright, upload done~♪" the man said as he finished uploading his picture. "Oh, I'm Cater Diamond, a 3rd year. That makes me your senior~ Call me Cater-kun, okay? Cate's fine, too~♡ Heya, heya~"

"It's nice to meet you." she said with a smile while in her head, she had a little dreaded look. 'What an easy-going guy...'

"Oh, you're the new prefect for Ramshackle Dorm! I'm surprised you can live in a place like that~!" Cater said as he got a good look at Hibiki. "It's so dark, and I feel like something's gonna pop out~ I feel for ya, man~"

"This guy's being pretty rude." Grim irked while Hibiki nodded with a pout.

"Oh, I shouldn't be standing here and talking!" Cater gasped out. "The party's the day after tomorrow. It's off with my head if I'm late." he then looked at the group with a pleading smile. "Hey, hey, freshies~ Can you help me with painting the flowers?"

"Why're you doing somethin' so strange?" Ace asked him.

"I mean, won't it be more photogenic if the roses were red for the party~?" Cater replied. "I'm really busy because I'm also in charge of coloring the flamingos for the croquet match~"

"Dyeing the flamingos?! That's a pretty weird job." Grim plainly said.

"So, the tarts that Ace ate were to be used for the Prefect's birthday party? I see now." Deuce said. "So that's why he was so mad..."

"See Ace-kun, those were for something." Hibiki scolded Ace a little, making him more irritated.

"What? That's not it." Cater plainly said to them.

"It ain't?! Then whose birthday is it?" Ace asked.

"It's no one's birthday. The day after tomorrow is our Dorm's legendary [Unbirthday party]." Cater pointed out. "It's a tea party that the Prefect felt like doing, so he chose a day that doesn't fall on anyone's birthday."

"The hell's that!?"

"Is that....really an event?" Hibiki asked him with a confused look on her face.

"In any case, the reasons can wait! You just have to help me paint the roses! Deuce-chan and Grim-chan can use magic, right?" Cater said to the two of them and then handed a can of paint and paintbrushes to Ace and Hibiki, earning confused looks from the two of them. "Ace-chan and Hibiki-chan can't use magic, so here's a paintbrush~"

"Ch-change the colors with magic, you mean...?" Deuce said surprised.

"I haven't done anything like that before, yanno." Grim mumbled.

Cater just waved off their negativity and showed them a cheerful smile. "It's okay, relax~! We'll manage! We better hurry before the Prefect punishes us~"