twenty seven

𝗢𝟮𝟳
𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

the two girls were laying in the hospital bed together, eunji's head laying on saebyeok's chest and saebyeok holding onto eunji's hand.

as they slept, the door to the hospital room was opened loudly, which caused the both of them to quickly wake up. there, in the door way, they saw gihun.

a warm smile spread across eunji's lips as she moved to sit up properly. "gihun." she greeted and the older man walked into the room.

"how are you feeling? i'm so happy you're okay." he said and took a seat on the chair beside the bed. "i've had better days, but i'll be fine." eunji nodded and all saebyeok could do was admire her girlfriend.

"you don't understand how long i've searched for you both. i went to almost every hospital in seoul." he lightly chuckled. "i've come here to see you both for a reason, though."

"what is it?" saebyeok asked, removing her eyes from eunji and to gihun. "i'm splitting the money so you guys can have some."

"oh, gihun, you don't have to ─"

"thank you," saebyeok cut the younger girl off. "it really means a lot." she nodded.

"we'll need to transfer it into your accounts, so we can do that whenever you want." gihun told them.

after that, the day was filled with laughter and chatting about random stuff and some tears were shared, thinking about the people who they'd made friends with in the hellhole who didn't make it out.

𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

eunji had gotten out of hospital and was still taking it easy and saebyeok refused to leave her side at any moment.

"have a good life, ladies." gihun smiled as the three left the bank. eunji nodded and returned the smile. "you too, gihun. it was nice meeting you."

"i'll make sure to visit some time when i come back to seoul, i'm not sure when that'll be though."

"be a good dad to your daughter." saebyeok nodded and put her hand out for the man to shake as a way of saying goodbye, but instead, gihun pulled her in for a hug.

"stay safe." he whispered and pulled away and turned to eunji and hugged her too. "and you, you don't want to tear your stitches."

and then, the two girls waved one last time to the man as they watched him walk away and into the distance.

eunji let out a sigh and turned to look up at saebyeok, who was already looking down at her. "what?" she blushed and saebyeok shook her head before leaning in and kissing her. "i love you." she said, keeping their faces close to each other.

"i love you," eunji replied and grabbed onto saebyeok's hand. "now, where to?"

"to get our family." she grinned.

park eunji and kang saebyeok were both ecstatic that they could live another day together, making their family even bigger. the two bought a house together, which was the one that had caught saebyeok's eye in the hospital magazine. they got eunji's mother away from her abusive father, got cheol out of the orphanage and brought saebyeok's mother over to the south. the all took a holiday together to jeju island, wrote ali and jiyeong's name on a stone wall and lived their best life.

the two didn't like the fact that the people they called friends had to die ;
but in some way, the pair were grateful for accepting that small card and ringing that hellhole because if they didn't, they wouldn't have fallen deeply and madly in love with each other.

THE END !

──

hey guys,

it's not the best ending, but it is what it is.

but, this book is finally completed. i hope every single one of you enjoyed it. thank you for reading, commenting, voting, adding this book to your reading lists and following me. it really means a lot.

i will now be starting the enemies to lovers book, so the first chapter aka the soundtrack and possibly the prologue should be out by today, if not, then it should be tomorrow!

and for the last time,

have a good day/night <3