twelve

𝗢𝟭𝟮
𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗺
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤

it had started. chaos broke loose. the sounds of screaming and crying could be heard in every corner of the giant room. nobody could see anything though because the lights hadn't been turned on.

"come on." saebyeok said as she helped eunji get out of the bed and the two started run. all of a sudden, the lights started flashing on and off and beds were getting pushed down.

saebyeok brought the blade out on her switchblade and she reached back and interlocked her hands with eunji's.

all of a sudden, out of nowhere, someone came up behind the two girls, one wrapping a bed sheet around saebyeok's neck and another throwing eunji to the ground.

she could hear saebyeok trying to call out for her while she was trying to fight off the two men, and eunji tried getting back up from the floor but was kicked in the back and fell down again.

eunji was turned around so she was on her back and could just about make out the face of the person who was attacking her. it was the man she stole money from.

he charged towards her and picked her up by the hair. he pinned her against a pole and began hitting her across the face.

she could still hear saebyeok calling for her but this time, she was panting. "s...saebyeok!" eunji whimpered as she felt a horrible pain in her stomach. the man had kneed her in her stomach.

she slowly fell to the floor and curled herself into a ball ─ frightened to death as tears began to fall from her eyes. "stop! please!" she cried out but he wouldn't listen.

"hangyeol!" somebody yelled and the man stopped. his name's hangyeol. "i'll be back, bitch!" he spat and ran away.

all of a sudden, she felt a pair of arms around her and brush the hair out of her face quickly. "oh gosh... come on, i know where to go." saebyeok said panicking as she helped eunji stand.

memories of that guy from earlier, telling saebyeok that her and eunji could go to them flashed through her brain as she tried to look around for him and his group.

the pair ran across the room, trying to stay out of the way of people being brutally murdered and saebyeok led eunji over to a guy who was standing, looking around.

"you're here." 456 said, panting. "like you said." saebyeok stated as she breathed heavily. suddenly, 456 pushed saebyeok out of the way, causing eunji to move with her and began fighting player 101.

saebyeok got back up ─ leaving eunji on the floor ─ and kicked 101 before being dragged back by another man and having a bottle smashed on her head. she fell down to the floor beside eunji and interlocked her fingers with the girl before standing back up.

another two men joined 456 in hitting 101 and his 'friends'. one of them had a massive pole that he was swinging around.

saebyeok made sure to keep eunji behind her so she wouldn't get hurt. "hey, ssangmun-dong!" 199 greeted 456. "what are you doing?" the man with the pole asked player 101.

"we're just helping cull the herd." he laughed evilly.

456 pushed the man who was holding the big pole out the way gently and so he could become face to face with 101.

"they're our teammates, you got that?" 456 said. the next minute, an old man's voice was heard yelling. "all of you, stop this! i'm... i... i'm scared. we are all gonna die in here. everyone, every single one of us is going to die! please, i'm so scared. stop this madness! if you keep this going, then we're all going to die in here!"

suddenly, the lights came back on and the front doors opened and out came were the guards, firing their guns in the air to get the players attention.

guards pointed their guns at groups and began to pat the players down. "player 277, eliminated. player 74, eliminated. player 87, eliminated."

"when did you get up there?" 456 asked the old guy who was shaken up. "we were worried about you, sir, when you disappeared." player 199 said.

"nobody here got hurt so that's good." 218 announced looking around and then making eye contact with eunji who had a cut on her forehead and blood coming from it. "badly.." he added and saebyeok squeezed eunji's hand.

"uh, well, at this point, we should know what to call each other. why don't we go around and tell each other our names now." 456 suggested.

"i know your name already, though." 199 remarked with a smile on his face. "ssangmun-dong."

"ssangmun-dong is just my hometown," 456 chuckled. "the name is seong gihun. seong gihun of ssangmun-dong."

"so then, what about your name?" 218 asked, patting 199's shoulder. "ali." he answered with a warm smile. "ali abdul."

"and where are you from?" 456 wondered. "pakistan." ali answered, still smiling. "pakistan?" gihun questioned. "where is that?"

"north of india." 218 answered for ali, looking over at gihun. "he's right." ali nodded.

"of course, he is." gihun said, placing a shoulder on the other man's shoulder. "this man here went to SNU─"

"cho sangwoo." 218 cut gihun off. suddenly, all the men turned to look at the two girls who were sat together behind them.

"oh.. eunji." the younger out of the two girls answered, slightly smiling at gihun who smiled widely back at her. "nice name, it suits you well." he complimented and moved to turn his head to look at saebyeok.

"come on, really." she sighed and eunji squeezed her hand reassuringly. "we're all teammates here now. we should really know about each other, build up a little trust, okay?" gihun spoke.

"kang saebyeok." she finally answered, looking down at her interlocked her hands with eunji. "saebyeok?" he repeated, brows raised. "that's a pretty name. though i'm not sure how well it fits."

"and what is your name, sir? if you don't mind." ali asked the old man. "what?" the grey haired man spoke lowly. "my name? oh, it's.. uh... let me think... so.. it's, they call me─"

gihun cut him off from his suffering of trying to think of his name by telling him it didn't matter. "it'll be okay once you get some rest."

──

batteriesflylover came up with a ship name for saebyeok and eunji and it's seunji

also, like i said, another chapter is posted! i think another chapter should be out again tonight, but i can't be too sure.

have a good day/night <3