three

𝗢𝗢𝟯
𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁, 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

after signing a consent form, everyone was walking through a colourful corridor and soon coming out to screens. eunji was stood waiting behind someone when she felt a person lean in so that they were right by her ear.

"thanks for earlier." they said, which caused eunji to jump. she quickly turned around and became face to face with 67. a lump had formed in her throat, so she had to swallow it.

"oh.. oh it's okay," eunji smiled. "i mean, are you okay? your not hurt are you?" she worried as she examined the girls face, glancing up at her lip and seeing the dried up blood.

67 nodded and put her hands in her pockets. "i'm eunji." she introduced herself and held out her hand. the taller girl nodded and took a step forward which made eunji to turn around and stand in the booth with the screen.

"please look into the camera." the intercom spoke, eunji looking into the camera. "smile." she awkwardly put a smile on her lips before the flash went off.

glancing at the man in red, he pointed over to where she had to go and did as told.

now walking up different coloured stairs, eunji couldn't help but look around. how high did the stairs go up?

she was too caught up in her thoughts because she tripped up a step and before she could fall to the ground, someone grabbed onto her jacket.

letting out a sigh of relief, she glanced behind her and saw 67. "be careful will you?" she said with a blank face. eunji nodded, thanking her.

doors opened and everyone walked into a giant room. there were trees on the walls and sand on the floor and all the way at the back of the room was a massive doll.

"gosh.." eunji muttered under her breath. "what?" 67 said from beside her with a monotone voice. eunji shook her head and licked her lips. "nothing... i just don't like dolls — especially giant ones like that." she nodded her head towards the thing.

"attention all players, after you enter the game hall please stand behind the white line drawn on the field and await further instructions." the intercom instructed and everyone did as told.

"here is the first game," the woman on the pa began. "you will be playing red light, green light ." the doll began to turn around to face the tree she was once standing in front of.

many memories of eunji's childhood where she'd play this game with her few friends and always loose resurfaced in her brain and she let out a sigh.

"you are allowed to move forward when 'it' shouts out, 'green light,' stop when 'it' shouts, red light.' if your movement is detected afterward, you will be eliminated." the lady finished and everyone looked around, waiting for it to begin.

"those players who cross the finish line without being eliminated within the five minute playtime will pass this round. with that, let the games begin."

players got into their starting positions and the countdown began. "green light."

a man with blond — almost yellow hair pushed his friend playfully and ran ahead with his friend following.

"red light."

the doll turned around as everyone stopped but the guy with blond hair wobbled a bit before eventually coming to a stop.

"player 325, eliminated." the woman called out. all of a sudden, a loud bang was heard and the player fell to the floor.

eunji's eyes widened and she stayed still. "green light."

eunji let out a wavering breath before moving forward slowly ; 325's friend ran up to him and stopped once red light was said.

the next minute, 325 coughed and a red substance came out of his mouth. eunji's eyes widened at the sight. it was blood.

the guy began to run and soon was shot, his blood splatting onto a woman's face who then screamed and was shot.

half the people in the room ran back to the doors and began banging on them, begging for them to be opened but all they got was a bullet piercing through their skin.

the woman repeated the rules and eunji kept her eyes shut, refusing to open them.

"green light."

nobody moved. nobody but an old man swiftly moved past people. "red light."

"green light."

still, everyone was too scared to move but the old guy. "red light."

"green light."

eventually, everybody began to move slowly and as they did, eunji felt someone grip onto her wrist.

gasping, she turned around and saw 67. "red light."

"stay with me." 67 gritted through her teeth as many gunshots fired. "green light."

67 led the way and eunji slowly trailed behind. "red light." more and more people were shot which caused eunji to squeeze 67's hand.

"green light."

67 was pulling eunji along with her as she followed the guy from earlier, 101. "red light." the woman on the pa was speeding up and that made eunji panic.

"who is that? i hear you." 101 spoke. "the bitch who crossed you." 67 answered and eunji struggled to hide her smile — but she managed to do it.

"you little shithead.." he gritted as eunji shut her eyes when someone was shot beside her.

"want me to cross you one last time?" 67 asked as she let go of eunji's hand and sneakily brought her hand up to the mans hair. "let go of me." he demanded but she didn't listen. "please." he begged.

"quit trembling, you jerk." she smirked. "he'll kill you if you get caught."

the next minute, green light was called and 67 dragged 101 down to the floor and hurriedly grabbed eunji's wrist before running ahead.

eunji could see the finish line getting closer and closer to her and she tried to ignore the people that were dropping dead beside her.

eventually, with little amount of time on the clock, 67 pulled her and herself over the line, both falling to the ground.

soon, eunji looked out to the people who hadn't made it yet and the timer went off. everyone still out there was shot. dead.

breathing heavily, eunji looked down at her wrist where 67's hand was wrapped around still and then back at the girl who was looking at the floor. they had completed the first game together...

──

sorry this is out late! i was in school and when i came home had to do homework so the updates may only be one a day but on the weekends, they'll hopefully be two a day!

thank you for reading and have a good day/night <33