twenty

𝗢𝟮𝟬
𝘃𝗶𝗽𝘀
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴! 𝘀𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

suddenly, the lights switched on and the same classical music played. eunji had eventually fallen asleep after a while and was cuddled up beside saebyeok.

her eyes slowly opened and she sat up to the sound of the door opening. her eyes were still adjusting to to bright lights, so she had to rub them to make sure she could see right.

there, she watched as guards walked into the giant room with a large box with a red ribbon on. she immediately looked down at saebyeok ─ who was now also getting up ─ to make sure she was okay.

gihun stood up in his bed, looking over into a corner and eunji soon turned her head to look over there as well and there she saw, player 069, dangling by a rope that had been tied around his neck from one of the stairs.

she felt sick to her stomach and looked away and down at her lap. "player 69, eliminated." all of a sudden, money made its into the piggy bank.

"attention, all players! the fifth game is about to begin. all players, please follow the staff's instructions and swiftly make your way towards the game hall."

everyone was now walking up the colourful staircase like usual and for some reason, saebyeok didn't want to let go out eunji's hand. she didn't want her out of her sight. 

once they made it, they walked into a plain white room with seventeen mannequins placed in front of them with the numbers 1 - 17 on the vests.

"welcome players, to the fifth game. before we begin, please make your way down the steps and choose one of the mannequins that you see presented in front of you. once you've chosen, take the corresponding vest. they are numbered 1 - 17. let me repeat the instructions."

eunji let out a sigh and looked down at her interlocked fingers with saebyeok. she'd be lying if she said she didn't feel nervous for this next challenge.

the man that prays all the time was the first person to move. he trudged down the steps and over to the sixth mannequin.

"it was on the sixth day that god created the first man on earth. and now, i will go back to that day god made us sinless and innocent." he whispered to himself before stripping the figure in front of him and putting on the vest.

another man stepped forward and walked towards the seventh mannequin. "okay... lucky number seven, come on."

soon after, many more people rushed to grab the vest that they wanted and all the middle numbers had now been taken.

"your attention, please." the woman on the pa said. "the numbers you see on the mannequins correspond to the order in which you will be playing. please make your decision carefully."

gihun had started walking towards the first one but soon stopped midway. saebyeok squeezed eunji's hand before gently pulling her with her to one of the mannequins.

eunji took the vest off the seventeenth mannequin while saebyeok chose the fifteenth one.

once everyone had chose their numbers, another door had opened revealing the game they were about to play.