thirteen

𝗢𝟭𝟯
𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗺
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

the lights turned on and eunji slowly opened her eyes. her body was resting on saebyeok's with the girls hand wrapped around her protectively.

"did you stay up all night?" the sound of gihun's voice was heard as he spoke to the old man.

"i was afraid they'd attack us again."

everyone was now walking into a plain, boring old white room for the next challenge. "players, welcome to the third game. for this game, you will need to play in teams. all players, please divide yourselves into teams of ten people. your time limit is ten minutes. let me repeat the instructions."

"something that has teams of ten players. so maybe it's tail tag or why did you come to my house?" gihun said, trying to think of ideas on what the game could be.

"are you nervous?" saebyeok asked eunji as she watched the girl pace back and forth, biting on her nail. eunji nodded, looking up at saebyeok.

"what if.. what if we all die?" eunji showed worry in her eyes and a small smirk made its way onto saebyeok's lips. "then we die together. it'll be like romeo and juliet... kind of."

"you're not helping, saebyeok." eunji whined and saebyeok sighed, pulling the girl towards her by the collar on her jacket. "we'll be fine, eunji. we always are."

"five more people are needed." sangwoo spoke. "i say that we each bring one guy to join us. okay?" he suggested looking around.

saebyeok grabbed eunji's hand and walked off with her into the crowed. "hey," eunji said tugging on saebyeok's sleeve. "what about her?" she asked ─ ignoring the instructions of bringing a guy back and pointing to a girl who was sat at the top of the stairs minding her own business.

saebyeok kept the same facial expression and nodded, interlocking her fingers with eunji's like usual and walking up the stairs.

"what do you want?" the girl asked as she looked up from her hand. she had short brown hair with a fringe and light brown highlights and a nose piercing.

"play with us." saebyeok told her, looking down at the girl.

"four, five, six, seven, eight...nine.. um." gihun counted the players that were now sat in a circle on the floor. "wait, did someone not bring a player?"

"it was me. i didn't." the old man confessed. sangwoo turned us head to look over at the girl who was sat beside eunji. "what about you? who brought you here?"

"them." she answered, nodding her head towards eunji and saebyeok. "i said only bring men back here, didn't i?" sangwoo recounted, looking between the two girls.

"this doesn't sound good..." the girl with the nose piercing said as saebyeok glared at sangwoo. "you want me to go? i'll go now."

eunji grabbed onto the girls jacket softly, giving her a look to stay. "stay." she said and the girl looked over at gihun. "it's okay, stay where you are." he nodded and she sat back down.