twenty five

𝗢𝟮𝟱
𝗰𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚

the sound of gunshots being fired were heard and gihun whipped his head around and saw sangwoo fall to the floor. two of the guards had shot him dead.

gihun's mouth fell open in shock and everything around him felt as if it was in slow motion. his childhood best friend had just been shot dead.

the guards then picked up the dead body and put him in the black box. gihun blinked a few times to stop himself from staring too long and looked back at eunji, who was still laying on the bed.

this time, there were two men in red with a triangle on their head stood beside her and a man with a square on his head at the end of the bed on a walkie-talkie.

"hello, sir." the man said. "it's player 068. she's in critical condition." he informed the person on the other line before removing the walkie-talkie and turning around the face the other two men. "he's on his way."

suddenly, the front doors opened again and in came two more guards and the front man. he quickly trudged over to eunji and stood in front of her bed. "we need to get her to the emergency room, now." he demanded and the next minute, another four guards walked into the room with a stretcher.

just as the front man was about the leave, saebyeok grabbed onto his arm making him stop. "please," she cried, her voice shaky. "please... help her."

gihun had never seen saebyeok like this. he always saw her as someone who wouldn't dare show emotions in front of anyone else.

the front man didn't say anything and the next minute, he was walking out of the massive room with the four men caring a stretcher with the girl who was clinging onto life.

the doors shut loudly and saebyeok fell down the wall, crying. she had her knees up to her chest and her head buried in them. gihun slowly walked over towards her and sat down beside her. "saebyeok..." he started. "she's going to be okay. i'm sure of it."

saebyeok didn't say anything, she only filled the silence with her sobs. gihun looked up at the bed the eunji and saebyeok once laid in and saw the blood stained sheets.

he gulped and looked over at the floor in front of him where his childhood best friends blood was smeared. why did it have to be like this?

it was the next morning and the two were asleep, saebyeok resting her head on the older man's shoulder. it was the noise of the doors opening that woke them both up.

saebyeok immediately stood up and walked over to the center of the room. "eunji... is she okay?" she asked and the front guard didn't say anything.

"we are preparing for the final game. please follow us."

"no!" saebyeok yelled and the guard turned around to now face her. "i quit. i can't do this." she shook her head. "on the confirmation sheet that you made us sign in the beginning, you said if we have enough votes then we can leave. so i want to leave, and i'm pretty sure eunji does as well."

the man sighed, "very well. i need to consult this information with the front man." he said before leaving the room.

"how is she doing?" the front man asked as he watched as the guards treated eunji's wounds. "good. she's stable."

unexpectedly after, the front man's walkie-talkie started to beep, 'sir, i have important news.' the man on the other line said. he picked up his walkie-talkie and put it to his mouth.

"what is it?"

"player 067 wants to quit. she has stated that her and player 068 do not want to continue."

"if that's so," the front man sighed. "the money goes to player 456. the vips won't like it, but i'm helping their best friends daughter."

"thank you sir, i will inform them now."

he put his walkie-talkie away and stood up straight. "we need to transfer her to a proper hospital." he said before walking out of the room and going to make an announcement in his office.

"player 456 has won the game. congratulations." the ladies voice said over the intercom. "please get ready to leave."

──

hey guys, so this chapter is quite short. hopefully another will be about again!

i woke up to 1k notifications today so thank you for reading, voting, commenting and adding this book to your reading lists. it means a lot!

have a good day/night <3