eighteen

𝗢𝟭𝟴
𝗴𝗴𝗮𝗻𝗯𝘂
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

eunji froze in her spot. slowly, tears made their way to her eyes as she thought about saebyeok. she'd never give her a proper goodbye, and the last thing she promised her was that she'd be okay.

eunji gulped and her hands clenched together as she watched as hangyeol slowly turned around with a shocked expression.

he let out a low chuckle, "good job that was only a practice, huh?" he smiled and collected his and her marbles.

"what?" she furrowed her brows. "no... no i lost, i die. you won, you live." she shook her head.

"listen kid, that was a practice round. just to get a feel of the game, alright? now let's play the real thing."

eunji couldn't believe it. was he really going to go through all that stress again? did she have a chance at living?

hangyeol handed her her marble and smiled again. "like usual, ladies first." he said and eunji nodded, stepping forward.

she rolled the marble and watched as it came to a stop not far from the circle. she moved out of the way for hangyeol to have his turn. and when he did, he dropped the marble right by his feet.

"oh?" he said, standing up straight. "looks like you won, kid." he bitterly smiled.

of course he let her win. on the outside, he had nothing to live for. the only thing he loved was gone. the only thing that kept him sane was gone, so what was the point?

"hey, sir," eunji began. "that wasn't fair. you let me win... that.. that shouldn't be aloud." she shook her head in disbelief and looked over at the guard who was stood there, doing nothing.

"listen, it's the game isn't it. one of us was going to come out alive. and that had to be you..." he nodded. "go back to that girl... you guys look in love. it's my time. nice you knowing you, i guess." he chuckled and eunji let out a quiet laugh.

"player 199 eliminated."

it was ali's number. even more sadness was put on her shoulders at the sounds of her teammates death.

she watched as the man in red walked up behind hangyeol and placed his gun to his head.

"sorry about hurting you, player 068." he happily smiled and then the trigger was pulled, making eunji jump and squint her eyes closed.

"player 276 eliminated."

"it's time to go." the man said as he grabbed onto eunji's arm and began to drag her out of the game room and back to the dorm room.

when she got there, there was no sight of saebyeok or jiyeong, only sangwoo and a few other players, including minyeo.

she slowly trudged over to her bed and sat down. she curled up into a ball and closed her eyes. all she could worry about was saebyeok.

"why did you come here from the north?" jiyeong asked as saebyeok had now joined her on the steps.