twenty four

𝗢𝟮𝟰
𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

"do you know what you're gonna do with all that money once we get out?" saebyeok asked gihun. "i'd pay my debt off first, and buy a nice clean store in the city for my mum... she always hoped to run a.. a real store, not just the kind of little stall. and i would..." he paused for a moment. "finally start being a dad to my girl... for once in my life."

"how old is your daughter?" eunji wondered, taking a deep breath in and clenching her fists in pain. "she's ten." he answered.

"that's also how old my little brother is." saebyeok mentioned as she glanced down at eunji and held onto her hand. "and where is your brother staying?" gihun asked, turning his head upwards to look at saebyeok.

"in an orphanage." she answered and licked her lips. "i promised that he'd get out of there soon. our mother is stuck in the north right now. i said i'd get once u was able to make enough money, and i'll get us all a house."

"there's so much in there. i think even with half, you'll have plenty." the three of them looked up at the big piggy bank in silence.

eunji let out a sigh, "hey, saebyeok, gihun," she began and the pair looked over at her. "i think we should make a deal.."

saebyeok's eyebrows furrowed. "what kind of deal?" gihun questioned. "just in case either of us... can make it out of this hellhole somehow, we'll look after each other's loved ones, okay?"

"don't say that, eunji... we're going to make it out of here, okay?" saebyeok nodded and gently nudged her arm.

"we'll beat sangwoo, and then, we'll get out of here together." gihun reassured, looking over at sangwoo in his bed. "i still want you both to sweat though." eunji bit her lip to try and stop the tears from falling from her eyes. "saebyeok..." she let out a quiet sob. "i need you to swear to look after my mother."

"shh." gihun put his finger to his lips and slowly started to get up from the floor, and at a slow pace, he began to walk over to sangwoo's bed. he reached for his knife in his pocket but before he could do anything else, eunji stopped him.

"don't do it." she told him and he stopped in his tracks. "that isn't you. you're a good person at heart."

gihun leisurely put his knife down and all of a sudden, eunji let out a sharp exhale and fell backwards and even more into saebyeok's arms.

"eunji." saebyeok started to shake the girl and gihun rushed over to her. "hey! hey, what's wrong?!" gihun worriedly asked and moved her head so it was facing him.

saebyeok removed the blanket from eunji's torso and when she did, her and gihun saw a large stain of red. saebyeok's eyes widened in shock and her heart started pounding in her chest.

"when did she get hurt?" gihun asked saebyeok as he put his hands on eunji's wound to try and stop the blood.

"saebyeok..." her throat became dry and she tried to look up at the girl she was in love with. "i wanna go... i want my mum." she sobbed out.

tears had already formed in saebyeok's eyes as she watched eunji struggle to breath. "hey, hold on, eunji." gihun told her and got off the bed and ran towards the doors. eunji's eyes closed and her head dropped into saebyeok's chest.

saebyeok let out a cry and tried to shake her awake again. eunji's eyes opened slightly and made eye contact with saebyeok and memories rushed through her head.

the first time they met and saebyeok had helped her through the first challenge, when they made eye contact after the older girl had taken her blindfold off, saebyeok helping her with the cuts on her face from hangyeol, the times where saebyeok's warm hand would always latch it's self onto hers, when eunji confessed her love to her and they shared their first kiss, comforting each other after the marble game, saebyeok helping her with her wound in the bathroom, having a heated makeout session, and to now, where the last thing she'll see before she passes is the love of her life's beautiful brown eyes. she didn't want to die this way, but it's life. you can't always get what you want in life.

"hey!" gihun hit the metal door. "is anybody there! a girl is bleeding out in here! 068 is bleeding out! help! please!" he yelled and the lights suddenly turned on and the guards walked in.

for a moment, gihun felt relief, but that soon went away once he saw the large, black box they'd have for when a dead body is in need of picking up.

gihun turned around properly and saw saebyeok on the floor, blood on her hands, crying hysterically as sangwoo stood beside the bed with a blood covered knife in his hand.

gihun ran as fast as he could to eunji and saw that her once white, but now red shirt had been unbuttoned a little bit and two holes on her stomach. one from the glass, and the other from sangwoo's knife.

gihun looked over at saebyeok who was trying to reach out for eunji, begging the guards to let her go but they wouldn't listen.

saebyeok never knew that the love story of her and eunji would end just like that. she had big plans ahead of her. they'd get married, have children and be one big happy family. but now, eunji was gone. they wouldn't be able to go to jeju island together, and have the best time of their life together. she was dead.

──

heyyyy.... so, what do you think? eunji is dead, or is she??? stay tuned for the next chapter which should be up either today or tomorrow!

thank you for reading, and thank you for all the nice comments!

have a good day/night <3